I am planning a visit to Wisbech next month and looking for recommendations.

I have searched through numerous threads and although these are old threads they do indicate that Wisbech is a coffee desert, has anyone an up to date recommendation please.

Ian

Minima ma ma ma Eureka Zenith

I am planning a visit to Wisbech next month

WHY????

I'd be surprised if there's any decent coffee to be had there.

I'd be surprised if there's anything decent to eat and drink at all there.

You're not miles away from King Lynn which is marginally less s***, If you go further along the coast you have the Grey Seal roastery and a few cafes operated by them - not really my thing but better than most of what you'll find around there.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

WHY????

I'd be surprised if there's any decent coffee to be had there.

I'd be surprised if there's anything decent to eat and drink at all there.

You're not miles away from King Lynn which is marginally less s***, If you go further along the coast you have the Grey Seal roastery and a few cafes operated by them - not really my thing but better than most of what you'll find around there.

The country is being flooded with coffee shops, plenty that actually have no idea how to make coffee but nobody has yet had the nerve to try Wisbech, sounds like it's crying out for a good coffee maker.

Ian

The country is being flooded with coffee shops, plenty that actually have no idea how to make coffee but nobody has yet had the nerve to try Wisbech, sounds like it's crying out for a good coffee maker.

Ian

Well to be honest pretty well whenever I think of Wisbech it brings a tear to my eye..... So "Crying Out" isn't far off the mark......

I am sure some people like Wisbech but - it is a godforsaken place in the middle of the swamps........

The only good thing I can think of Wisbech is that they have a plant auction where I have picked up several things for the garden over the years....

Although I have had a few 1/2 decent Bacon Butties (from a greasy spoon next to the auction) I have never drunk coffee in Wisbech (mainly as I have never even seen anywhere that I would risk it..... per eg the Greasy Spoon sells instant "coffee" in chipped mugs....

Don't let me put you off.... I am sure Wisbech is a lovely place!!!!

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Most people with ambitions leave the first chance they get.

Still have to go to Wisbech and have no idea where to find a good coffee shop, Kings Lynn ? Hunstanton? Cromer?

Ian

Posted (edited)
Still have to go to Wisbech and have no idea where to find a good coffee shop, Kings Lynn ? Hunstanton? Cromer?

Ian

Can't you 'accidentally' put the wrong postcode into the satnav & go to Glasgow instead? Edited by ashcroc

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Most people with ambitions leave the first chance they get.

Unfortunately for most of the swampies from Wisbech the ambition to leave is actually beyond their wildest dreams.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Ian

https://www.greysealcoffee.co.uk/visit

There must be somewhere in Kings Lynn too.