Hello everyone,

I've bought myself a Gaggia coffee a little over a month ago similar to this picture

gaggiacoffee.jpg

But mine comes with a different steam wand. It has a wand similar to a Rancillo but thinner, with one steam hole. I am finding the flow of steam to be quite irregular and also the milk becomes very hard to clean after using it.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this specific model allows for the Rancillo wand mod. Unfortunately due to the name of this model, I am struggling to find any information on it.

It looks like the standard Gaggia Panarello steam wand with the outer part of the wand missing.

If it is the standard type the Rancillo one should fit, may need to use the nut off the existing one.

The picture I had posted wasn't from my machine but from the closest I could find. I've now added pictures of my machine to this reply. It's my understanding that this want isn't a panarello wand. Also this wand is completely fixed, no movement or rotation at all. From the Rancillo mods I've seen online, it seemed that the Gaggia classic has a small nut just by the side of the group head that you can remove, and install on the Rancillo wand (replacing it with the Gaggia nut).

On mine the wand seems to go into the machine. I don't know if that will make a difference, but it seems it will make it at least harder to modify.

abDDmjX.jpgvprphvK.jpg

You may be right, it might be the model or "a custom job" from the previous owner. Check the inside and compair with gaggia classic pics from the internet like this one

tn_IMG_3451-500x333.jpg

You might also post a picture of the insides of your machine here and someone could give an advice.

Bezzera unica pid, kinu m47

The picture I had posted wasn't from my machine but from the closest I could find. I've now added pictures of my machine to this reply. It's my understanding that this want isn't a panarello wand. Also this wand is completely fixed, no movement or rotation at all. From the Rancillo mods I've seen online, it seemed that the Gaggia classic has a small nut just by the side of the group head that you can remove, and install on the Rancillo wand (replacing it with the Gaggia nut).

On mine the wand seems to go into the machine. I don't know if that will make a difference, but it seems it will make it at least harder to modify.

abDDmjX.jpgvprphvK.jpg

Are you missing the drip tray or is it just not in the photo?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Are you missing the drip tray or is it just not in the photo?

Just in the photo. I had just given it a wash