Tait

Forum Software & Hardware Upgrade

@tait I still don't have access to for sale threads. States I am not authorised.

4 minutes ago, Planter said:

@tait I still don't have access to for sale threads. States I am not authorised.

Just got this through safari on IOS also

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

15 minutes ago, Planter said:

Your testing came up and then disappears ..

• Like 1

I just tried it as you and it worked fine for me. Can you try again?

If not working then please can you PM me your browser and link your trying to post on etc.?

10 hours ago, Tait said:

Can you PM me details, I can't find your post. I've tweaked the tools available so we won't get crazy font sizes etc.

Hey @Tait

There aren't really any details to PM, on I think every other forum I have ever visited there is a regular reply box as we are all used to and then an 'advanced' editor which allows you to edit the html or other type of code that defines the formatting of the post. 

Do you understand what I mean? I can grab screen shots from other forums if you like? Or is there a reason you don't actually want to implement an advanced/code editor?

@Tait

Also can I delete one of my own posts if (like above) I make a double post?

Hey @Tait

There aren't really any details to PM, on I think every other forum I have ever visited there is a regular reply box as we are all used to and then an 'advanced' editor which allows you to edit the html or other type of code that defines the formatting of the post. 
Do you understand what I mean? I can grab screen shots from other forums if you like? Or is there a reason you don't actually want to implement an advanced/code editor?

Ahhh ok! Yes got it. I don't want people editing html. If there is an issue I should be able to fix it for everyone as opposed to people (the more tech savvy) having to manually fix issues. It makes the forum less portable and can result in a messier experience (people setting fonts and colours all over the place).

If there is a particular thing you need I can help though and will do my best.

Ahhh ok! Yes got it. I don't want people editing html.

Do you mean BBCode or actual html? I would expect the forum/tapatalk to disallow user entered HTML from being rendered.

Bbcode:
Testing testing testing testing

HTML:

testing

testing
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dylan said:

@Tait

Also can I delete one of my own posts if (like above) I make a double post?

I would suggest if this happens again, and this is the first time I've seen it so far - that you report your own post. Then a mod will come along and delete it. You can edit it for 5 minutes so you could just change it to delete me etc. if you wanted.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Agentb said:

Ah ... does that mean only the default font size?  I couldn't see how to make use of a larger fontsize?

Whatever the size, it might help if the "Insert existing attachment" prompt includes a  " ...(Maxsize 2048K)" clue. 

Larger sizes i presume can be handled via "Insert Image from URL"  ?

🐱:good:

@Tait sorry forgot to tag this earlier relating to font and picture sizes.

Edited by Agentb
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tait said:

I just tried it as you and it worked fine for me. Can you try again?

If not working then please can you PM me your browser and link your trying to post on etc.?

Thanks @tait - now resolved 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Tait said:

Ahhh ok! Yes got it. I don't want people editing html. If there is an issue I should be able to fix it for everyone as opposed to people (the more tech savvy) having to manually fix issues. It makes the forum less portable and can result in a messier experience (people setting fonts and colours all over the place).

If there is a particular thing you need I can help though and will do my best.

Hm, fair enough - it seems to be a feature of every other forum I have ever been on (not necessarily a html editor, but at least an 'advanced' editor you can change the code that effects the formatting) - and regardless of how well implemented the forum is they still come in useful from time to time. 

For example when making a post with several quotes, being able to customise the user field can be useful for an explanatory post, you might wish to make the quote from "A user on HB Forum" for example.

I'm sure you could one-by-one implement such features into the normal reply box but why do this when these outlier cases can be solved with an advanced editor?

Keeping things clean is IMHO a poor excuse, it's easier to make a rule about hard to read or gawdy posts and enforcing it - other forums with advanced editors have very little to no misuse of the editor even without such a rule.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

On 02/06/2019 at 13:59, fluffles said:

Is there a way to see all unread content as topics rather than individual posts? I only check in once a day or so, the list is too long to make me want to bother

Not sure if this is what you meant but - I went to "Activity" and then "New Posts" and then on the top right switched from Expanded to Condensed (that you can see in line with Past Hour ? That changed it to show the topics I think as before I could see multiple posts for some of these topics.  

image.thumb.png.3b5a827a266c2c7149bc8dee8b4f10f7.png

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jlarkin said:

Not sure if this is what you meant but - I went to "Activity" and then "New Posts" and then on the top right switched from Expanded to Condensed (that you can see in line with Past Hour ? That changed it to show the topics I think as before I could see multiple posts for some of these topics.  

image.thumb.png.3b5a827a266c2c7149bc8dee8b4f10f7.png

I have kind of just been posting about this over here:

When I do that I get EVERY new post so then you see multiples mirrored over on TT too. If there’s a lot of banter within a thread you get EVERY one.

Edited by MildredM

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I'm not able to search in the For Sale/Swap section of the forum. I select the "This forum" option in the "Search in" option but no matter what word I'm searching for, I always get zero results.

I'm not able to search in the For Sale/Swap section of the forum. I select the "This forum" option in the "Search in" option but no matter what word I'm searching for, I always get zero results.

Morning, now you've made a post can you try again

1 minute ago, Tait said:

Morning, now you've made a post can you try again emoji1.png

Still not able to :( There is a Barista Hustle jug on the 1st page of the section but when I search for "Barista" I get 0 results. 

31 minutes ago, bronc said:

Still not able to :( There is a Barista Hustle jug on the 1st page of the section but when I search for "Barista" I get 0 results. 

Same here. Search function gets me zero results.

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Is there any way to find / view a list of just the latest posts without all preceding posts ?   Or am I missing something ?

I think if you click on the "Mark site read" at the bottom of the page right hand side,  the next time you come on the site it might show only the new posts. 

• Thanks 1

Minima ma ma ma Eureka Zenith

Sorry if this has been asked before but how do I go about editing one of my recent posts? 

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Am I missing something or is editing turned off for posts in classifieds?

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Just now, dan1502 said:

Am I missing something or is editing turned off for posts in classifieds?

I'm seeing the same issue. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if this has been asked before but how do I go about editing one of my recent posts? 
If you're on tapatalk, press the 'moderate' at the bottom of the post you want ro edit.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

5 minutes ago, ashcroc said:
35 minutes ago, lake_m said:

If you're on tapatalk, press the 'moderate' at the bottom of the post you want ro edit.

Thanks! - I'll give it a try.