Tait

Forum Software & Hardware Upgrade

Hi all,

Last night I pulled an all-nighter and hopefully accomplished the following:

Updated vBulletin to 4.2.5

Updated php to 7.1

Updated MySQL to 5.7

Setup a dedicated database server (we're using it now!)

Failover replication for the above

Nightly snapshots of the file system

Nightly snapshots of the new database server

Updated the Thanks / Likes module

We should be running smoother and faster, but please let me know if you see or experience any weirdities. I'll get straight on them.

Thanks, Tait

@Tait thank you for all your effort :) A few things seem to have cropped up earlier this evening. The Postie thread seems to have gone (web browser, ok on TT). Getting emails for Likes. Unable to report Spam via TT using their web browser view - the yellow triangle report button has gone.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

[quote name='MildredM']@[URL="https://coffeeforums.co.uk/member.php?u=25260"]Tait[/URL] thank you for all your effort :) A few things seem to have cropped up earlier this evening. The Postie thread seems to have gone (web browser, ok on TT). Getting emails for Likes. Unable to report Spam via TT using their web browser view - the yellow triangle report button has gone.[/QUOTE] Hi @MildredM, is this the post you're looking for?[URL="https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?10791-What-did-the-Postie-bring-you-today"] https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?10791-What-did-the-Postie-bring-you-today[/URL] I've disabled the Like emails as a default. I've not seen the TT browser view. How best to replicate that my end to test / fix?

[quote name='Tait']I've not seen the TT browser view. How best to replicate that my end to test / fix?[/QUOTE] Thanks @Tait for all the hard work!! Think you need Tapatalk being installed on your mobile or run an emulator software on your computer ([url]https://www.extremetech.com/computing/83812-run-android-apps-on-your-windows-pc-2[/url])

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

[quote name='Tait']Hi @MildredM, is this the post you're looking for?[URL="https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?10791-What-did-the-Postie-bring-you-today"] https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?10791-What-did-the-Postie-bring-you-today[/URL] I've disabled the Like emails as a default. I've not seen the TT browser view. How best to replicate that my end to test / fix?[/QUOTE] Thank you very much :) The report spam button is now back on the web view via TapAtalk! Thanks for everything you’ve been doing

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Hi There,

I wonder if there's a bit of an issue, I have previously been able to add pictures into posts (jpg) but today an unable to do so. I am using the same button (insert image) but it's not doing anything.

Gareth

@Tait I’m not getting the Like notification above the header in a browser now! Maybe no one has Liked anything I have said for a day or two!!!

@Tait I’m not getting the Like notification above the header in a browser now! Maybe no one has Liked anything I have said for a day or two!!!

Neither am I tbh. Just notice that myself.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I just take that I’m deeply unpopular.
Let me quote you to tell you that I liked your above post

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

I am unable to see who has mentioned me when I click on that . . . !!

Hi There,

I wonder if there's a bit of an issue, I have previously been able to add pictures into posts (jpg) but today an unable to do so. I am using the same button (insert image) but it's not doing anything.

Gareth

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40342[/ATTACH] I think we had a full HDD! Looking into what was causing that issue now. Thanks!

I am unable to see who has mentioned me when I click on that . . . !!

At the risk of getting linked with a rather different campaign could I just say

"ME TOO" wrt the Notifications/Likes etc

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Clicking on 'mentions', in browser . . .

b690c1adb948bf36c847beada4b975a2.jpg

I'm planning to migrate from vbulletin to a much better system soon. I've paid for it but I need to be really careful so I've been waiting. Now we've the best server setup I'll get this booked in with the guys help. I don't want to forget anything when migrating! This will of course fix these issues too.

Will keep everyone posted.

Clicking on 'mentions', in browser . . .

b690c1adb948bf36c847beada4b975a2.jpg

Please could you show me the thing you're clicking to get this so I can replicate it?

Please could you show me the thing you're clicking to get this so I can replicate it?

Yes! It would be here - there isn’t a mention now but that’s where it would be.

934eed2e4a5733873e54960fd8446886.jpg

03e00fef9db4b7cde562eb957bb46257.jpg

6 minutes ago, JackHK said:

A lot of the pictures is disappeared in the forum :classic_sad:
and our support banner :classic_cool:

A load of updates and comments over here JackHK:

What new features...

Good morning, 

The new forum looks slick (will take some time to get used to it)

I got an error message when I tried to login from the usual top right link

367240360_Screenshot2019-05-20at08_21_49.thumb.png.cee57b391164861c81ecc4ea7226a47c.png

Then I clicked try again which took me at a login page which worked :)

(Using Safari Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4) )

Good morning, 
The new forum looks slick (will take some time to get used to it)
I got an error message when I tried to login from the usual top right link
367240360_Screenshot2019-05-20at08_21_49.thumb.png.cee57b391164861c81ecc4ea7226a47c.png

Then I clicked try again which took me at a login page which worked
(Using Safari Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4) )

Thanks, I know about that one. It shouldn't happen again but if course let me know if it does. I was debugging Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Can people log in to TT yet?

I can see posts now so progress being made. I still can't login though.

• Like 1

Lelit Mara PL62 / HG-1 / Eazytamp / sweetcorn skewer / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

7 minutes ago, igm45 said:

Can people log in to TT yet?

I can see posts now so progress being made. I still can't login though.

I can! Close TT then restart it, it kind of logs you in all on its own with just a click or two 😁 

17 minutes ago, MildredM said:

I can! Close TT then restart it, it kind of logs you in all on its own with just a click or two 😁 

Thanks,

Still not working for me (android), just says false. Will have to try changing my password 🙄 (edit: just tried, still not working!)

Lelit Mara PL62 / HG-1 / Eazytamp / sweetcorn skewer / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).