IGNORED

Forum Software & Hardware Upgrade

Hi all,

Last night I pulled an all-nighter and hopefully accomplished the following:

Updated vBulletin to 4.2.5

Updated php to 7.1

Updated MySQL to 5.7

Setup a dedicated database server (we're using it now!)

Failover replication for the above

Nightly snapshots of the file system

Nightly snapshots of the new database server

Updated the Thanks / Likes module

We should be running smoother and faster, but please let me know if you see or experience any weirdities. I'll get straight on them.

Thanks, Tait

• Like 1
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Please make yourself known" "Yes Mr Drewster it was me.  Do i get detention again for being a bad boy ?"  ? You're posing this change as two extremes - Either Excellent or a POS - the real

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN I've been fairly quiet this week... in an attempt to let stuff settle down......... BUT We are now over a week after the implementation of a (lets be frank) steaming p

I, for one, miss seeing all my old friends on here. I miss the content from then too. 

Posted Images

@Tait thank you for all your effort :)

A few things seem to have cropped up earlier this evening. The Postie thread seems to have gone (web browser, ok on TT).

Getting emails for Likes.

Unable to report Spam via TT using their web browser view - the yellow triangle report button has gone.

@Tait thank you for all your effort :)

A few things seem to have cropped up earlier this evening. The Postie thread seems to have gone (web browser, ok on TT).

Getting emails for Likes.

Unable to report Spam via TT using their web browser view - the yellow triangle report button has gone.

Hi @MildredM, is this the post you're looking for?

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?10791-What-did-the-Postie-bring-you-today

I've disabled the Like emails as a default.

I've not seen the TT browser view. How best to replicate that my end to test / fix?

I've not seen the TT browser view. How best to replicate that my end to test / fix?

Thanks @Tait for all the hard work!!

Think you need Tapatalk being installed on your mobile or run an emulator software on your computer (https://www.extremetech.com/computing/83812-run-android-apps-on-your-windows-pc-2)

Hi @MildredM, is this the post you're looking for?

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?10791-What-did-the-Postie-bring-you-today

I've disabled the Like emails as a default.

Thank you very much :)

The report spam button is now back on the web view via TapAtalk!

Thanks for everything you’ve been doing [emoji16]

Hi There,

I wonder if there's a bit of an issue, I have previously been able to add pictures into posts (jpg) but today an unable to do so. I am using the same button (insert image) but it's not doing anything.

Gareth

@Tait I’m not getting the Like notification above the header in a browser now! Maybe no one has Liked anything I have said for a day or two!!!

• Like 2
@Tait I’m not getting the Like notification above the header in a browser now! Maybe no one has Liked anything I have said for a day or two!!!

Neither am I tbh. Just notice that myself.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I just take that I’m deeply unpopular. [emoji6]

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

I just take that I’m deeply unpopular. [emoji6]
Let me quote you to tell you that I liked your above post [emoji56]
Hi There,

I wonder if there's a bit of an issue, I have previously been able to add pictures into posts (jpg) but today an unable to do so. I am using the same button (insert image) but it's not doing anything.

Gareth

Tait-Pollack-1.jpg I think we had a full HDD! Looking into what was causing that issue now. Thanks!

I am unable to see who has mentioned me when I click on that . . . !!

At the risk of getting linked with a rather different campaign could I just say

"ME TOO" wrt the Notifications/Likes etc

I'm planning to migrate from vbulletin to a much better system soon. I've paid for it but I need to be really careful so I've been waiting. Now we've the best server setup I'll get this booked in with the guys help. I don't want to forget anything when migrating! This will of course fix these issues too.

Will keep everyone posted.

Clicking on 'mentions', in browser . . .

b690c1adb948bf36c847beada4b975a2.jpg

Please could you show me the thing you're clicking to get this so I can replicate it?

Please could you show me the thing you're clicking to get this so I can replicate it?

Yes! It would be here - there isn’t a mention now but that’s where it would be.

934eed2e4a5733873e54960fd8446886.jpg

• Tait locked this topic