pcvburgess

Plumbing in Cellini waste pipe

I am converting my Cellini Evo to direct water feed and would also like To plumb in the drainage line into my under sink waste.

I am struggling to come up with the right adapter to connect the rubbery hose that comes with the Rocket to my under sink waste as it’s not a standard plumbing fitment and is much narrower bore than washing machine and dishwasher size waste pipes.

Has anyone got any bright ideas?

I am converting my Cellini Evo to direct water feed and would also like To plumb in the drainage line into my under sink waste.

I am struggling to come up with the right adapter to connect the rubbery hose that comes with the Rocket to my under sink waste as it’s not a standard plumbing fitment and is much narrower bore than washing machine and dishwasher size waste pipes.

Has anyone got any bright ideas?

d97fab5345a79c2b1d16efecf5eaaad3.jpg

d4c527bcca120b94a54b9ea67a21286b.jpg

0a37ff0efdfc80ac85d397de797037ae.jpg

3D print one with a 3/8" outlet?

I can share the file if you want...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Thanks for that. Nice work! However I was more interested in what you do with the other end of the hose.

Or have I misunderstood? I think I’ve got a 3/8” fitting on the machine end already
Was an 8 or 10mm straight end on mine... uh and I'm sorry to have gotten it wrong: my printed connector is a 1/2" so I could attach a garden hose.

There's a number of reducing pieces around for all sorts of diameters, if you just want to connect hoses. But in any case keep in mind flow dynamics. A small dia. hose needs to point downwards at all times so you don't get air traps (which may lead to temporary blockage and overflow due to higher fluid speed and lower weight).

I've also tried to integrate a non-return valve on an 8mm pipe to tackle air traps, at first. But it worked only for a short time for it got clogged by grounds

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

d97fab5345a79c2b1d16efecf5eaaad3.jpg

d4c527bcca120b94a54b9ea67a21286b.jpg

0a37ff0efdfc80ac85d397de797037ae.jpg

3D print one with a 3/8" outlet?

I can share the file if you want...

Can I take you up on your file offer please? I look forward to trying it out

Posted (edited)

sure thing!

Just PM me your email address, I'll send it.

btw, sorry for the filthy machine - took them pics just after trying out the construction back then... :angel:

Edited by Hasi

says Hasi.

I've got an undersink waste adapter that you just push the end of the waste pipe into as I was having the same problem. I've been trying to find it on Google but to no avail as a plumber fitted it.

I'll take a pic when I'm back home.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

email sent!

Let us know how you're doing :)

says Hasi.

I've taken a couple of pics of my waste connector, and I wouldn't know how to describe it except it's a rubber diaphragm that you push the pipe into.

46881195945_2c4dca5951_c.jpg

32854042767_128b39f323_c.jpg

I expect if you went to a plumbers merchants and gave them a description (plus maybe these pics) then they could advise you on what you need. My waste pipe certainly doesn't fit a washing machine waste adapter.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

there's also a number of adapters between smallish hoses and a regular waste pipe... dunno whether you've also got 50mm pipes in the UK, but my plumber friend got me one of these as well:

https://www.amazon.de/Airfit-Schlauchnippel-f%C3%BCr-Schlauch-von/dp/B00KBV3FX2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=dn50+schlauchnippel&qid=1557292411&s=gateway&sprefix=dn50+&sr=8-2

says Hasi.

there's also a number of adapters between smallish hoses and a regular waste pipe... dunno whether you've also got 50mm pipes in the UK, but my plumber friend got me one of these as well:

https://www.amazon.de/Airfit-Schlauchnippel-f%C3%BCr-Schlauch-von/dp/B00KBV3FX2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=dn50+schlauchnippel&qid=1557292411&s=gateway&sprefix=dn50+&sr=8-2

Think I've seen similar to fit the smaller outlet the dishwasher usually plugs into.

Laissez les bons temps rouler