I’m having some great results 18=>39g 35 secs. A good mix of citrus orange, sweet berries with a bit of caramel.
I might try coarser as I’m possibly over extracting slightly.

• Like 1

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Have only just opened mine, it’s lovely. 17.5g to 35g out in 34s for espresso, with lovely brown sugar, almost molassesy notes coming through but with a really nice acidity.

I haven’t peeped yet, anyone else?

• Like 1

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

42 minutes ago, mmmatron said:

Have only just opened mine, it’s lovely. 17.5g to 35g out in 34s for espresso, with lovely brown sugar, almost molassesy notes coming through but with a really nice acidity.

I haven’t peeped yet, anyone else?

I peeped during the  Bamk Holiday I  have now finished my kilo. I  kind of miss a traditional big reveal. Loved these beans btw

8 hours ago, paul whu said:

I  kind of miss a traditional big reveal.

Normal service (big reveal) shall resume from now on...assuming you renew your subscription 😉

Keep an eye out for Daren's PM with details...

• Like 2

Coffee drinking tip #2: Sniff your beans 👌

-- LSOL Announcements --

-- LSOL Subscription Sign-Up! --

9 hours ago, fatboyslim said:

Normal service (big reveal) shall resume from now on...assuming you renew your subscription 😉

Keep an eye out for Daren's PM with details...

Assume this PM has not gone out? Not seen it yet (and hoping not missed it on this new format)

Enjoying espresso & filter 

4 hours ago, Hairy_Hogg said:

Assume this PM has not gone out? Not seen it yet (and hoping not missed it on this new format)

You are correct. @Darenis pulling his usual trick of doing absolutely naff all when we need him to.
I'll pester him a bit more till he pulls his finger out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

-- LSOL Announcements --

I have loved these beans - maybe v slightly darker roast than we r used to? Still lighter side of medium but lovely as brew and espresso... also good with milk... Origin are masters of what they do...

• Like 1

GS3 and Versalab M3; Vario Home, Aeropress and Kalita Wave

I had my big reveal today. 
Just like to say I have thoroughly enjoyed this month's offering. It probably isn't something I'd have chosen myself but I'm well pleased it was chosen for me so thanks 
I will say that I found these beans really consistent and very easy to work with. Every shot a pleasure with a long sweet finish. Almost a classic flavour profile for me. Very morish. I still have a good few left and will have a v60 tomorrow but my instinct suggests these will be best used for espresso. I may be wrong as it does happen.

I agree with Paulwhu more traditional flavour... sweet and brown sugar... maybe that is why I was thinking v slightly more roasted...

GS3 and Versalab M3; Vario Home, Aeropress and Kalita Wave

Is this cfuk special or is it available from the origin website? If so which is it?

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

Is this cfuk special or is it available from the origin website? If so which is it?

I don’t think it’s been revealed yet.
  • Like 1

Aldi instant

Posted (edited)

If it wasn't clear, we weren't having a traditional reveal this month as you could reveal yourself at any time by opening the little black envelope that came with your coffee. Just in case anyone lost there's or wants a more normal reveal...here is what we've been drinking...
(Unfortunately it looks like it's no longer available but they have some other great coffees right now)

origin.jpg

Edited by fatboyslim
  • Like 2

-- LSOL Announcements --

@fatboyslim Probably a stupid question but being a newb to real coffee, from reading the description how would I know it's a lighter roast?
Thanks

Aldi instant

4 minutes ago, Komatoes said:

@fatboyslim Probably a stupid question but being a newb to real coffee, from reading the description how would I know it's a lighter roast?
Thanks

You wouldn't necessarily but Origin have a reputation for very consistent roasting on the lighter side (of life he he). Certainly not one of the lightest roasts but delicious all the same.

• Like 1

-- LSOL Announcements --

I’m really liking these bean. Best results 17.5g => 36g 30 secs. Orange Citrus and berries

Contact time with the water seems to make a difference. Anything over 32 secs seem to go a bit chocky

• Like 1

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Haven't started these yet due to buying additional from steampunk.

• Like 1

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

I am coming to the end of my last bag of these. All in all I've really enjoyed them. I think the tasting notes are on point and I agree with most people's experience of these. One of the most citrusy coffees I've had I think. Thanks to all!

• Like 2

Great LSOL bean - works equally well as espresso and pour over. Just brewed a Chemex -  balanced grapefruit notes - no sourness. Very enjoyable.

• Like 2

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs