Coffee Forums banner

LSOL May - Origin [Cornwall]

11K views 93 replies 36 participants last post by  The Systemic Kid 
#1 ·
Origin need no introduction. They've been in the specialty coffee game since before I knew what a pour over was!

If anyone is interested to know more, check out their "About Us" section on their website.

It's been an interesting process engaging with a specialty roaster as large as Origin. I was passed around various departments until finally landing with Dan who is their head of wholesale and a top chap!

Origin are different to many roasters we feature on LSOL as they are (I think) all direct trade, as opposed to sourcing from an importer like Falcon. I'm hoping this will mean we get a rather in-depth reveal but no promises there.

Origin win the prize for sending me the most amount of samples ever! All of these were top quality single origin coffees so I'm certain their LSOL coffee will go down a treat!

I haven't quite finalised pricing for guest slots yet but it will be somewhere between £16-18 for 500g delivered. The coffee needs to be in budget but also cheaper than you could buy directly from them.

I will try to finalise price ASAP.

Please put your names below if you would like to join us as a guest for this month. Cheers!

1. FBS

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't quite finalised pricing for guest slots yet but it will be somewhere between £16-18 for 500g delivered.

The coffee needs to be in budget but also cheaper than you could buy directly from them.

I will try to finalise price ASAP.

Please put your names below if you would like to join us as a guest for this month. Cheers!

1. FBS

2. jlarkin

#11 ·
Would love to but having a whole drawer full in the freezer, as well as only being allowed one espresso per day at the moment, health reasons, I'm going to have to pass this time.

Still have about 350g + of the Steampunk to sample which is yummy. So unfortunately it's thanks but no thanks this time maybe next time. Thanks again for the hard work you and Daren put into this, just hope I'm not missing out on the coffee of the year!

#15 ·
fatboyslim said:
Sorry Jon, I'm still finalising the details on this one. As of right now we are aiming for dispatch next week so hopefully delivered by Friday. This may change though but will try to keep you up to date.
No problem at all, thanks dude
:)

#18 ·
FBS thanks a LOT for sorting this out!! Origin are an awesome roaster and I am sure this next LSOL is going to be delicious. I have had quite a few beans from Origin recently and they are consistently delicious. The cafe in Charlotte road in London is my favourite in Shoreditch. Can't wait....

#21 ·
Ok here we go then. No more guest sign ups please. Final price for guest slots is £16. Payment instructions will be sent out soon.

This has certainly been an interesting one, to say the least this nearly didn't happen at all. Origin are a big company and weren't willing to be flexible on some parts of our order.

It's been a struggle but their wholesale guy Dan fought our corner and made it happen. Huge thanks to him for being so great and clearly sharing our passion for great coffee.

We'll be sending the order off on Monday, for them to roast Tuesday or Wednesday, for dispatch the next day. Orders will be sent out by RM 24 hour so the coffee should hopefully land before next weekend.

***PAY ATTENTION HERE*** To spice things up, Origin will include their usual info card relating to the coffee (including origin info) but will put it inside an envelope for you to reveal when temptation gets the better of you.

I thought we could all open the envelope at the same time but I assume some people will give in and have a peak. Should be interesting.

Cheers

FBS

#23 ·
fatboyslim said:
Testing testing?

My previous post isn't showing on the web page, but is showing on Tapatalk. Glenn is going to sort it tomorrow.
fatboyslim said:
Ok here we go then. No more guest sign ups please. Final price for guest slots is £16. Payment instructions will be sent out soon.

This has certainly been an interesting one, to say the least this nearly didn't happen at all. Origin are a big company and weren't willing to be flexible on some parts of our order.

It's been a struggle but their wholesale guy Dan fought our corner and made it happen. Huge thanks to him for being so great and clearly sharing our passion for great coffee.

We'll be sending the order off on Monday, for them to roast Tuesday or Wednesday, for dispatch the next day. Orders will be sent out by RM 24 hour so the coffee should hopefully land before next weekend.

***PAY ATTENTION HERE*** To spice things up, Origin will include their usual info card relating to the coffee (including origin info) but will put it inside an envelope for you to reveal when temptation gets the better of you.

I thought we could all open the envelope at the same time but I assume some people will give in and have a peak. Should be interesting.

Cheers

FBS
Can see both these posts on web view & tapatalk here.

#26 ·
Payment instructions have been sent. Please let me know if you have any problems (LSOL related!!! I'm not a marriage counselor!)

Please make your payment ASAP to avoid holding every else up. Ta

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.