rob177palmer

Braveheart Double-edge Shaving Razor

Originally bought from a forum member on this thread:

Braveheart Double Edge Razor

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=6813&share_tid=46450&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcoffeeforums%2Eco%2Euk%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D46450&share_type=t

My wife kindly bought me a Merkur Slant for a recent birthday so now no longer needed.

Was a great beginner razor and convinced me to learn and stick with DE shaving.

Cleaned, polished, and sanitised ready to go.

Will supply with some blades that I found make beginner friendly to get you going.

Photos below, taken this evening:

7759ca7547048b5f590ee566da59b868.jpg

fe15cdac9a93985b64fd29878fb9cefd.jpg

93993f19c9af1fbada0d11a77138af23.jpg

9cf75aecd14f56a0e3e242e64803ae0d.jpg

40aea463b3c62d7f554c18ce7b5a02f9.jpg

It’s a simple tool and working perfectly!

Payment by PayPal is probably easiest.

Hoping £20 including UK postage sounds fair?

Hi Rob,

Your links aren't working for me.

Ve ve suvivius.... /Pending grinder changes / Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Working fine for me (on tapatalk if that makes a difference)

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Ve ve suvivius.... /Pending grinder changes / Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Hope photos are working? They are the main info I guess.

The thread link is basically people persuading me this was a safe and sensible buy....which it turned out to be

Without clogging up this thread too much I'm quite interested:

How faffy is this? What other equipment do I need, i.e could I use shaving foam or do I need special stuff?

How close is the shave compared to multi-blade?

Additionally, how does it compare cost-wise to multi blade options?

I really enjoy the process. I am now as quick with this as I was with a multi blade.

I have gone from having to shave every other day with a multi to keep the shave rash at bay, to now shaving daily and no rash at all.

You end up with smoother feeling skin immediately and I find throughout the day.

The blades make a massive difference. Some are scary sharp at first, these Treet ones are more forgiving. I went through a range and ended on the Feather blades with this razor before my new one arrived.

You need a brush (I still use a £20 cheapo which is fine) and some soap I bought soap in a wooden bowl for £15 in October and still half left!

It’s all very very cheap to run.

Not wanting to detract from the sale but a bit on DE shaving vs multi for @igm45

Multi blades pull the hair out of the follicle slightly and then cut so this can lead to ingrowing hairs or infection. DE just cuts the hair at skin level.

Best results are obtained with soap and a brush - Palmolive do a cheap soap stick which lasts for ages. As with anything, you can spend much more.

The resultant shave feels much cleaner than with a multi blade, once you master the technique.

Its a case of getting the angle right, not pressing on - very light touch and taking your time

a grinder a lever and some beans

Another thumbs up for DE razors - don't worry about safety or technique, as working dog says you don't press hard, just let the weight of the razor glide over your skin. Much cheaper on blades - you can get multi-packs off Ebay once you find one you like. And you're not chucking out plastic cartridges every other day.

Caravel, various drippers (v60, Wave, Mountain), Kinto/Wave kettles, Feldgrind, Hausgrind

Thanks for all of your help guys. I will have a think as to whether I'm prepared to fall down another rabbit hole obsession...

Not wanting to detract from the sale but a bit on DE shaving vs multi for @igm45

Multi blades pull the hair out of the follicle slightly and then cut so this can lead to ingrowing hairs or infection. DE just cuts the hair at skin level.

Best results are obtained with soap and a brush - Palmolive do a cheap soap stick which lasts for ages. As with anything, you can spend much more.

The resultant shave feels much cleaner than with a multi blade, once you master the technique.

Its a case of getting the angle right, not pressing on - very light touch and taking your time

I've been doing some research, getting close to taking the plunge.

Reading the other thread. Did you get an Etsy bowl @working dog ?

I've been doing some research, getting close to taking the plunge.

Reading the other thread. Did you get an Etsy bowl @working dog ?

Yep and its really good for lathering up the soap due to the lumps on the floor. You use less soap than you would with a smooth bowl. IIRC it was from Little Wren on etsy. I sent them a message and they made it to order. It will take a few weeks but its worth the wait. Cheap as well !

a grinder a lever and some beans

Go on then Rob (@Rob177palmer)

I'll take this at asking, (if a rabbit falls down an imaginary hole can you still hear it scream??)

Pm incoming later tonight

Go on then Rob (@Rob177palmer)

I'll take this at asking, (if a rabbit falls down an imaginary hole can you still hear it scream??)

Pm incoming later tonight

Thanks Ian - sort out over PM.

Rob

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)