MartinB

Age of my Europiccola

Hi all,

Have recently picked up a very, very clean Europiccola. Has high/low switches, sight glass is protected by metal and is obviously pre-millenium. Any indicators on working out the age? No dates inside or underneath either...

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Is the top sight glass fitting to boiler fixed inside with a nut .. I have two 1978 one with a nut and one without . The one without is about 250g heavier .Francesco says 1978 was when they made those changes. Might narrow it down .I can’t remember but if you look at his site the switch type also give a clue ..

Yep, looks like a 15 or 16mm nut inside :good:

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Yep, looks like a 15 or 16mm nut inside :good:

Search La Pavoni history on web and his site comes up ,worth a read ..

date may be on the base of the element

• Like 1

keep calm and grind flat

Hi all,

Have recently picked up a very, very clean Europiccola. Has high/low switches, sight glass is protected by metal and is obviously pre-millenium. Any indicators on working out the age? No dates inside or underneath either...

I did wonder why you wanted a steam tip .. :) ...

I also have a Gaggia G106/ Pavoni Pro :)

Here's a pic!

Dk4Y7Quh.jpg

I believe it's a 1984-1991 from looking at Francesco's site.

Here's a pic!

I believe it's a 1984-1991 from looking at Francesco's site.

I have one of these and yes I'm pretty sure it's 84-91. Yours looks to be in excellent condition!

This is a useful thread, I've been wondering the same thing about mine that I get yesterday.

I think mine is about 1984 - 1991 as well, although it does have a removable steam arm which confuses me slightly as I thought they were later

20190703_121850.jpg

20190703_121834.jpg

Gear:   Gaggia Classic (2019), La Pavoni Euopiccola (1985ish), Niche zero grinder.

What does it say inside the base?

AKA Toffee chips

On 30/04/2019 at 20:44, jimbojohn55 said:

date may be on the base of the element

My pre-milenium has a data on the inside of the base plate. Have a look.