I've got a steady drip coming from what I think is the three way solenoid (but could be very wrong in the name of the part). It's enough to create a nice puddle under the machine by the time it's warmed up and there's also a reduced flow through the group.

Attached are some pictures, the one with the red circle indicates the part that's leaking, and the one with the arrow indicates where the leak is originating from. It appears to be coming from the brass section itself rather than the connection between the steel and brass parts, although it can be hard to tell precisely because of the position of the leak.

Any ideas on a fix @DavecUK and @Paolo_Cortese - it's still under the parts only warranty

Thanks

v-leak 2.jpg

v-leak 1.jpg

Where is the elbow with the arrow pointing to it on the top photo?

I can't easily tell orientation and which way the drip is flowing. It looks like it's the join, between the steel part and the brass part in the photo??

P.S. Is up up in the top photo?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

This is from the side with the machine sitting upright as normal. The elbow sits in front of the smaller boiler.

v-leak 3.jpg

I just fired it up to get a photo of the leak and it appears to be the steel part that's leaking. the drips form within in the innner bend of the elbow, which is odd. There's no source of leak above the part, it looks to be contained within that elbow. Maybe a hairline crack has formed?

v-leak 4.jpg

Difficult to see, but it look's discoloured around the shoulder, possible source of crack and leak. Examine closely to look for signs.

Allow to cool, undo knurled nut and remove plastic pipe. Then use a spanner to unscrew the elbow for examination.

As I don't have tiny hands I may have to remove a boiler to access that to disconnect it. Any advice on the best sequence of parts to remove?

You shouldn't have to remove the boiler to get this fitting off? I am working from memory and my V is very early, so might be slightly different inside. With top and side panel removed you should be able to get to it?

Hopefully it's just leaking where the fitting connects to solenoid & PTFE tape will solve it

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Due of ptfe pipe it’s easy to go to the joint, in the bottom there are 3 bolts that hold the boiler, you have to remove them than you should able to remove the boiler a bit just to put your hand on the water distributor.

Try to not remove any pipe from the boiler even if the steam pipe in in copper, it’s flexible. Also as Dave said you have to remove the top panel and side panel but you have to open the the door and remove also the bracket that go around the top of the machine and a bracket that hold the transformer.

Keep us informed

Paolo

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I've managed to remove the nut holding the PTFE pipe into the bottom of the fitting, checked and re-fitted it and it was fine. I fired it back up again and the leak recurred. I checked the PTFE and there was no trace of water coming from it, the other side of the steel fitting where it goes into the brass fitting is solid and sealed with something like threadlock. The water is coming from the steel fitting itself. To remove and replace it will require a lot of force as it hasn't budged so far, so I'll have to remove at least the small boiler to get enough room to work on it, potentially the large boiler too.

Can  @DavecUK or @Paolo_Cortese  send me another steel fitting along with any recommended steps for removal of the boilers? I notice they have copper pipes going into the sides of them so any advice on what to be careful of with removing them would also be good.

Attached is a photo showing the leak, it's coming from the inner bend part of the steel fitting, the brass side is dry and the PTFE side is dry. Just my luck that it's in the worst place to gain access to replace it.

Thanks

drip.jpg

I really hope it's PTFE they used and not threadlock, because if that elbow is cracked....you really don't want to snap it off at the bend!

It's why I hate threadlock with a passion...hopefully it's PTFE you can see, although if it was I suppose it would have come off easy. How about a photo from further away top and side to sort of put the fitting and it's location into context.

It's in a tight spot to even photograph. The fitting is directly in front of the small boiler, in between it and the front plate of the machine. It's definitely not PTFE tape they've used, there's a little bit of clear dried residue from the fitting that's reminiscent of threadlock/superglue. It'll be a bit of a faff to say the least, but hey ho, what can you do?

If it's clear it's most likely the sigilant compound and it's relatively soft compared to most threadlocks...

Best remove the small boiler, should be easy enough, a few screws secure it at the bottom, can't remember if there is a support plate as well inside.

If you watch this carefully it might help and shows the boiler mounts... It's something I made many years ago when I had an idle moment. ;)

• Thanks 1