lee1980

Virgin Pure - Hot and cold filtered water

Anyone seen these 2 versions around £500 or so! If filters well, it looks like be hard to fill a jug say to add to espresso machine.

https://virginpure.com/

Thanks

Lee. (R58 and Zenith 65e)

I looked at this before. As far as I could tell it is essentially a brita jug with a UV lamp to kill bacteria and a chiller/heater. For most it probably won't be the solution to your coffee water needs (but may produce good drinking water).

Happy to be proved wrong about this but from the literature all I understood was a basic carbon filtering stage (not a full RO type system). For very hard water areas this will likely be insufficient.

Spro === Compak E8 Redspeed / OE Pharos ---> The Rising Force Tamper ---> LR (IMS 35um + VST 18g) / Cafelat Robot Filter === OE Apex / OE Lido 3 ---> v60 (chemex papers) / Able brewing system / Aeropress Water === Osmio Zero

I also seem to remember this being discussed on here at one point -- and was found to be woefully inadequate. For the money, why not look at an Osmio unit instead?

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Niche Zero

Brewed: Hario V60, French press