Sign in to follow this  
Beanbag

Which black?

I am considering buying a DB to replace my old Oracle, and think I'll go for black. However which black? Am I right in saying Sesame is gloss and truffle is matt? I think I would go with Truffle but Sesame seems more common. That being the case I wonder if there a reason for that?

i-chose-gloss.jpg

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

That may be, but has it sustained any marring?? :)

I think via light sabre and fingerprints are a problem whether gloss or matt....requiring use of the force to polish it.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I think via light sabre and fingerprints are a problem whether gloss or matt....requiring use of the force to polish it.

Which is something I don't have. Perhaps I'll stick to s/steel...

Ok, so anyone not on drugs care to have some input? I jest Dave, of course.

This problem arises with kitchen work tops/ counters, gloss black may look good but it will show every print, water mark and scratch.

Textured surfaces show less marking.

I very much dislike the gloss black and think it looks cheap. I had it in my last car too. I'm pretty sure the Truffle is matt, much like the finish of the E5 grinder I'll be pairing it with, so I think I'll go for that.

I am considering buying a DB to replace my old Oracle, and think I'll go for black. However which black? Am I right in saying Sesame is gloss and truffle is matt? I think I would go with Truffle but Sesame seems more common. That being the case I wonder if there a reason for that?

May I enquire as to what happened to the Oracle? Did you fall out of love with it?

May I enquire as to what happened to the Oracle? Did you fall out of love with it?

No, it's not that, its just more expensive and given that I won't be using the integrated grinder it didn't seem like money well spent. I think it's great for what it is. I wouldn't want to pay going rate for an Oracle but at the moment they are £1170 with £200 cashback. £970 is a good price. The DB is coming out at £779.

My preference would be stainless steel but if I have to get a black one I would go for matt colour, will match my tamper mat at least:)