Nick1881

Upgrade from Sage DTP - so many options

A reminder that whatever the warranty may be, your first port of call - and first assertion of rights - should always be against the retailer itself. If you, or anybody else, gets in difficulty with this retailer then come to me and I’ll give you some free advice in my capacity as a barrister.

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

A reminder that whatever the warranty may be, your first port of call - and first assertion of rights - should always be against the retailer itself. If you, or anybody else, gets in difficulty with this retailer then come to me and I’ll give you some free advice in my capacity as a barrister.

Thank you very much, I hope it doesn't come to that though.

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

I called them and they said this model with Rotary pump is made to order. BB said new models should be coming by around June/July.

I do do hope that the current model really is still being made. Watch this space.

Oh we will don't worry about that.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Sage DB, Mazzer Major, Mazzer Mini Doser (decaf), Orphan Espresso Lido 2 hand grinder (chemex)

I have asked them to cancel my order for the Expobar, no reply from them yet. A few reasons why.

1. I keep reading that the Expobar is an old design and has a few issues with it.

2. I've been filled with dread since ordering, worried about problems and no support from the seller.

3. A certain Hitler skit I saw in another thread, I don't want Hitler ranting at me.

Now I just hope they respond and issue a refund.

Then I will look at another machine from BB.

Either ECM Mechanika or push the budget to Lelit Bianca.

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

Well the Bianca is Rom's Vesuvius price, or just get the Minima.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

The Vesuvius is a bit bigger than my two current options.

Minima is already ruled out due to it not able to be plumbed in. I already have the water hose connection to the machine position.

Ahh ok.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

So I finally got my refund on the Expobar order, only took all week.

Popped in to BB on the way home and now I have a Lelit Bianca.

Well my first day with a proper machine has gone well. It's been fun dialling in and I've even had a little play with the paddle.

I must remember not to put any chocolate or other heat sensitive items in the cupboard above it, I have realised that E61 and the boilers give off a massive amount of heat and it heated the cupboard above very well.

First go with real steam power has been fairly successful too, the practice on the slow DTP has really helped but I still have a lot of work to do. First I tried the steam tip with smaller holes, then the larger holes which I think I will stick with.

Got it plumbed in this morning, no more water tank filling.

So I finally got my refund on the Expobar order, only took all week.

Popped in to BB on the way home and now I have a Lelit Bianca.

Congratulations

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

I have asked them to cancel my order for the Expobar, no reply from them yet. A few reasons why.

1. I keep reading that the Expobar is an old design and has a few issues with it.

2. I've been filled with dread since ordering, worried about problems and no support from the seller.

3. A certain Hitler skit I saw in another thread, I don't want Hitler ranting at me.

Now I just hope they respond and issue a refund.

Then I will look at another machine from BB.

Either ECM Mechanika or push the budget to Lelit Bianca.

If I were you I would send your request in the form of a thinly veiled threat that as you have requested a cancellation in writing before shipping that you are expecting a full and unequivocal refund, and if it is not issued promptly you will issue a chargeback via your card company.

Just to prevent them getting any ideas about shipping it and trying to force you to pay. As has been said, it is very unlikely the machine is being assembled in the factory but that they need to shift boxes around to make it look like it was dispatched from a particular place. As they will have put the wheels for this in motion they may well be reluctant to give you your money back, so dont pull any punches.

There is also an exception in EU law for things that are genuinely made to order (they can't be cancelled) so they may try and use that - give their T&C's a scan to check but it would be complete BS if they were to attempt this, and your card company would very likely side with you.

Hopefully they will just refund, but too many horror stories would put me on the defensive straight away.

If I were you I would send your request in the form of a thinly veiled threat that as you have requested a cancellation in writing before shipping that you are expecting a full and unequivocal refund, and if it is not issued promptly you will issue a chargeback via your card company.

Just to prevent them getting any ideas about shipping it and trying to force you to pay. As has been said, it is very unlikely the machine is being assembled in the factory but that they need to shift boxes around to make it look like it was dispatched from a particular place. As they will have put the wheels for this in motion they may well be reluctant to give you your money back, so dont pull any punches.

There is also an exception in EU law for things that are genuinely made to order (they can't be cancelled) so they may try and use that - give their T&C's a scan to check but it would be complete BS if they were to attempt this, and your card company would very likely side with you.

Hopefully they will just refund, but too many horror stories would put me on the defensive straight away.

He's got his refund and a new machine

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the reply, but as igm45 said I got a refund by Friday, it took a while and quite a few emails chasing them every day. I feel I was lucky that I got a full refund, in fact I made £3 out of it, maybe to do with the exchange rate as they probably work in Euros on their side.

My buying experience was awesome with Bella Barista, I'm very happy and worry free with my 3 year warranty.

well... I hadn't clicked page 4 :whistle: