ooglewoogle

Synchronika hot water output...

Having no clue how these things work, can anyone tell me how much hot water they can draw from their 2l Synchronika boilers? Thanks.

Not a lot in one go, without reducing the steam pressure & boiler temp. muchely: It's a coffee making machine, not a hot water boiler for tea etc.

Thanks espressotechno. I understand it's not really ideal to use these units as a hot water dispenser. Where the machine will be, it would be great if it could facilitate the very occasional pot of tea....could it amply provide say a litre fill, recovery time not withstanding? Cheers.

Thanks espressotechno. I understand it's not really ideal to use these units as a hot water dispenser. Where the machine will be, it would be great if it could facilitate the very occasional pot of tea....could it amply provide say a litre fill, recovery time not withstanding? Cheers.

I have the Synchronika but have never tested it for dispensing a quantity of boiling water, I can confirm when needs must I have filled two mugs and recovery is quick, but everyone will tell you, no matter what machine, they are a coffee machine, a kettle is for hot water.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

You should be able to get a litre out of it, probably a 100ml or so more.

As long as the machine is fully warmed it should recover quite quickly too.

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

If you want it for coffee it shouldn't be at 100C so a few 100ml might result in a suitable temperature but the machine will take time to recover to brew temperature. ;) It's what Sage DB does - starts at 93 and falls off and takes maybe 1min to recover.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

Synchronika hot water is from service boiler - not brew boiler

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Buy a kettle... Simples

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

If the Synchronika has a 2 litre service boiler and the hot water tube is close to, or at the bottom, you should be able to get around 1.2 litres to 1.4 litres max. Unless they have designed the machine particularly badly.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Synchronika hot water is from service boiler - not brew boiler

True but the same thing will apply cold going in will cool what comes out, How much pass.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

True but the same thing will apply cold going in will cool what comes out, How much pass.

John

-

You are correct John, much as it might pain me to say so ;) but you can get the maximum amount by switching off when you draw water to drain down the tank, if you don't switch it off, then you will get less, probably around 900ml - 1 litre. Depends on the pumps fill rate, boiler thickness and residual heat. The other person wasn't totally specific about the situation e.g. descaling, pot of tea, floor cleaning.....so I gave him the maximum amount he can get....of course he might get crunchy bits in his tea?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/