Junglebert

ECM Mechanika III 2008

What’s one of these worth, in good condition, recently serviced.

Also, are they any good?

Like a 10 year old car. Your grasping at straws now.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

haha well then you know the answer.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I don’t, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make.

The point I am making is, you can afford a new machine so that is what I would do.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I think @Junglebert the point Jony is trying to make is that a 10 year old HX machine, in good condition, may not be worth much in the grand scheme of things. £400-500? Again, depends on condition, accessories, box, manuals, receipt, etc.

Maybe a few photos and a more in-depth description may help other people give an opinion.

Edit: Maybe even less...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/ECM-Mechanika-III-Gebrauchtgerat-Baujahr-2008-ESPRESSO-PERFETTO/273812165922?epid=12021080970&hash=item3fc07a1522:g:AsUAAOSwMvJcuIes

I don’t want it to be worth much, I’m looking at buying it.

That ebay link is indeed the one I’ve seen.

Jony, what I can and can’t afford isn’t really the point, like cars, if I can buy a better, older one than I could get new, that’s my preference. However, my concern is, that I made a mistake buying the Piccino, and wish I’d spent more to start with, so I don’t want to fall into the same trap twice.

I don’t want it to be worth much, I’m looking at buying it.

That ebay link is indeed the one I’ve seen.

Jony, what I can and can’t afford isn’t really the point, like cars, if I can buy a better, older one than I could get new, that’s my preference. However, my concern is, that I made a mistake buying the Piccino, and wish I’d spent more to start with, so I don’t want to fall into the same trap twice.

Ah, sorry. I thought you were selling.

Out of curiosity, what didn’t you like about the Piccino that you would expect to be better with a old ECM HX?

Well, two things, I’m not particularly looking for an old HX machine, the ECM caught my eye. Secondly, I’m trying to sel the Piccino, so there’s nothing wrong with it, it’s an amazing little machine ;)

Well, two things, I’m not particularly looking for an old HX machine, the ECM caught my eye. Secondly, I’m trying to sel the Piccino, so there’s nothing wrong with it, it’s an amazing little machine ;)

Understood. Given the Piccino is a dual boiler, I think it would be silly to swap that for an HX machine for a similar value, in my opinion.

I don’t know your usage patterns or anything, but I went from Gaggia Classic, to Rocket HX to Profitec Dual Boiler and I am now with a La Pavoni which I enjoy a lot and suit my routine greatly (small, very short heat up time, simple architecture/design).

Interesting. I keep looking at La Pavonis, for the price they seem to offer a lot. I make a max of 3 drinks a day, only for me, all espressos.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)