RamonyCajal

(New) Decent Portafilter Stand - £20

Hi,

I recently bought a Decent Portafilter Stand (For all portafilters - spouted and bottomless). After receiving it I realised that it isn't compatible with Gaggia Classic portafilters. ("Works with virtually all 58mm standard portafilters. Note: the "wings" on your portafilter need to be 90° angled from the handle, not rotated sideways." - Decent's website)

I am too lazy to send it back/ship it. But if anyone would like to come to west London (Acton) and pick it up I would be happy to let it go for £20.

The price for one of these is £40 with shipping on Decent's website. Or £63 on Amazon UK.

Did I see in one of the niche threads that one of these had been fastened onto the wooden base of the niche for direct grinding into the portafilter?

Did I see in one of the niche threads that one of these had been fastened onto the wooden base of the niche for direct grinding into the portafilter?
I think that was the lower variant. Made for nakeds rather than spouted.

It seems as if the one in the pic is screwed onto the Niche using a screw in the centre of the PF stand? I took a photo of my brand new PF stand (spouted and bottomless), and it only has two holes if it makes a difference

IMG_0132.jpg

Edited by RamonyCajal
edited the wrong post...

I am sure that this version for spouted/bottomless would work with the Niche as well. Perhaps not with a huge funnel like in the picture though. Might be too high for that?

Edit: I just read the text under the photo in the link... The hole in the middle was custom-made, but I don't see any reason for not using the two holes that already exist. Or just some 3M adhesive. The post also says that the taller spouted/bottomless version (the one I am selling) wouldn't fit, but I am guessing that it would if a smaller or no funnel is used

Edited by RamonyCajal
correcting myself

I am sure that this version for spouted/bottomless would work with the Niche as well. Perhaps not with a huge funnel like in the picture though. Might be too high for that?

Edit: I just read the text under the photo in the link... The hole in the middle was custom-made, but I don't see any reason for not using the two holes that already exist. Or just some 3M adhesive. The post also says that the taller spouted/bottomless version (the one I am selling) wouldn't fit, but I am guessing that it would if a smaller or no funnel is used

Agree some 3M would be an good choice for this

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png