This may be of interest to keen BBQers & Smokers, if you have deep pockets :whistle:

Take a look at KAMADO JOE B.B.Q'S

:exit::exit::exit:

They look great. I may be tempted next year.

This years spare cash will be spent, starting this week on the new house roof

a grinder a lever and some beans

Been lusting after one of these for a while now. Rather expensive so looking at some cheaper ones that are available.

Aldi are about to sell their knock off version for £350. Apparently it's a rebadged version of a common cheap alternative at a lower than usual price.

I don't think it comes with all of the standard, nor is it compatible with the optional Joe accessories. But at £500 less than the normal price (and I've been monitoring Joe's for a couple of years and haven't seen any big discounts) it's a pretty tempting offer. I guess the quality will be lower but surely the concept and cooking properties will be more or less the same?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/garden-shop/kamado-bbq

I have the aldi one, got it last year. Great for the price. I had a smaller on so had some experience with these types of BBQ, would recommend the aldi one if interested as outlay is much less.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

I too have been pining after one of these for some time.

According to other forums the quality of the Aldi one is good and it is a sensible buy if your interested in going down the egg route...

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

I was looking at this the other day. Felt like a really nice bit of kit, and was on sale for £540

in the shop. Very tempted.

Looks very similar to the aldi £350 one linked a couple posts above.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I have the aldi one, got it last year. Great for the price. I had a smaller on so had some experience with these types of BBQ, would recommend the aldi one if interested as outlay is much less.

So size for size how does the Aldi one compare size for size, the Costco one has all the dimensions available.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Hi Jon,

Aldi one is slightly smaller, 20 inch diameter, it also does not have as many extras, only comes with a high extender rack and upper rack, no deflector plate. But as I say for the price difference worth a punt, cooking one an egg is different to normal BBQso cooking style needs to change. I love them, temp control for long cooks is really easy.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Hi Jon,

Aldi one is slightly smaller, 20 inch diameter, it also does not have as many extras, only comes with a high extender rack and upper rack, no deflector plate. But as I say for the price difference worth a punt, cooking one an egg is different to normal BBQso cooking style needs to change. I love them, temp control for long cooks is really easy.

My Daughter has just bought into the OZPIG system of outdoor cooking, From the images I've managed to see, an out of service gas cylinder will be a perfect donor part toward replicating one.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Never heard of an Ozpig, neat actually could see this in the outback can't you.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Never heard of an Ozpig, neat actually could see this in the outback can't you.

Do a Goooogle on it, quite a well built bit of kit, by what my Daughter tells me and it has spark guards as standard. After viewing it, it set me thinking, so I made a start....

XWo6eUqm.jpg

So after cutting off the top and bottom parts which I'll use later ........

j4tLZLhm.jpg

Its not a million miles from the shape ....

Jon.

All I can say is.

frodo-its-over-5cc042.jpg

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/