Ah I see the add now for the used Vesuvius which is pick up only. Never liked a black machine anyway. It does look very neat indeed in silver. Great features and a good following it seems to have.

When I was using calcium and magnesium salts to remineralise water I aimed to keep chloride below 20 mg/l for boiler health (brass) and cut sulphates back below 30 mg/l because of a bitter taste reminiscent of the aftertaste from aspartame.

You can probably get a filter that will exchange some of the stuff you don't want for sodium bicarb while filtering out chlorine, nitrates and fluoride. Look for something that will remove chlorides and sulphates ideally.

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

So maybe one new then direct, would suit you better. This will be the only machine you will need.

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I understand that with the Vesuvius I'm getting alot for my money but am I getting too much? It's my first prosumer machine.

First of all I wanted a HX machine but then changed my mind to a double boiler now I want to add some sort of flow or pressure profiling. Is all this too much to take in?

Is a Bianca in it's price positio not a really good option?

Single boiler HX rotary 1400 (rocket giotto R for example)

Bianca 1700

Synchronika 2100

Vesuvious 2500

Am I not falling into the trap by increasing my budget so drastically? I presume the Bianca would produce close enough shots to the vesuvious for a beginner?

Scrawl Ebay. £51 for a 5litre HX Simonelli here granted I got lucky and it did need some work.

Why not go the middle ground and grab and ECM?

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

I think there is a lot of hoy air talker about in the HX v Dual Boiler discussion. A lot of people I know, whether they have one or the other always draw off a little bit of water. Agreed, some HX need a big cooling flush, but as said, some don't

Scrawl Ebay. £51 for a 5litre HX Simonelli here granted I got lucky and it did need some work.

Why not go the middle ground and grab and ECM?

That's what I'm thinking. The only machine I can view in person is the Synchronika, I've called the dealer and am going to look at it next week.

If I can get a good deal I'll be buying locally so that works out for me!

I think the Vesuvius will be too much of a machine for a beginner.

I think there is a lot of hoy air talker about in the HX v Dual Boiler discussion. A lot of people I know, whether they have one or the other always draw off a little bit of water. Agreed, some HX need a big cooling flush, but as said, some don't

I understand where your coming from! I just wanted ease of use, set the temp and brew! I think over a good number of years the price difference between a HX and double boiler is minimal so I think I should just got for a double boiler!

Also I could get the HX and want to upgrade in the future then will need to sell and buy again so money and time will be wasted there!

That's what I'm thinking. The only machine I can view in person is the Synchronika, I've called the dealer and am going to look at it next week.

If I can get a good deal I'll be buying locally so that works out for me!

I think the Vesuvius will be too much of a machine for a beginner.

Strangely perhaps, the Mara would have a slightly higher learning curve as it's pressure profiling is analog on the paddle instead of digital on the V.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Strangely perhaps, the Mara would have a slightly higher learning curve as it's pressure profiling is analog on the paddle instead of digital on the V.

Yes I think your right. Both the Lelit and Vesuvius would have functions I wouldn't even consider using since I'm only beginning my espresso journey.

What is swaying me towards the ECM is I have an authorised dealer around 40 minutes drive from me so easy for service and assistance etc. Also if in the future I want to add flow profiling I will be able to add on the ECM. The Internal of the ECM also looks easier to work on compared to Vesuvius.

The Vesuvius is built like a tank but not sure if really need a tank at the moment!

A local dealer where you can see the machines in the flesh is a definate bonus.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

So finally got to purchase the machine. I went with an ECM Synchronika since there was a dealer local and I went to view it first.

Took it home then noticed scratches on the side casing, called the dealer and they arranged for a new machine to be posted out direct from ECM.

The box for the new machine wasn't opened until I got there. I guess these are the little things when you buy direct from an authorized dealer. If there are problems you will be looked after. 

Only have it 1 day and set up with a Niche. My first machine so I've a lot to learn! 

MVIMG_20190703_083826.jpg

• Like 2

Nice, and the Bulldog in the pic.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Don't know if you would class a 30kg dog as small! He's far away! 

• Like 1

All will become clear (or maybe not!)

That's a nice coffee setup!  Congrats

Edited by pgarrish

Sage DTP | Santos #4

1 hour ago, swai said:

So finally got to purchase the machine. I went with an ECM Synchronika since there was a dealer local and I went to view it first.

Took it home then noticed scratches on the side casing, called the dealer and they arranged for a new machine to be posted out direct from ECM.

The box for the new machine wasn't opened until I got there. I guess these are the little things when you buy direct from an authorized dealer. If there are problems you will be looked after. 

Only have it 1 day and set up with a Niche. My first machine so I've a lot to learn! 

MVIMG_20190703_083826.jpg

Is that dfk41 in the background? And who let him loose by the way ??? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

"I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might just be awake."

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......