Hasi

Long Road to Cirencester

Doing just that later today!
Haha, but Joey ruins stuff by applying brute Northern force. In my case that plug just collapsed when I looked at it...

Oh and on my test drive (which was supposed to be my commute...) I discovered the float assembly in one of the carbs apparently got stuck and fuel would overflow like mad. Luckily at Stromberg/Zenith they've thought of such a failure and have designed their carbs to feature a drain pipe connector. Pipe feeds all the way to bottom of the engine so kinda hard to see - but one could hear the gush, loud and clear! 😓

Carbs certainly disapproved being turned upside down when cleaning the underside of intake manifold... anyhow, I turned around and went to work in a proper 3-pot 1.0l turbo tin can.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

To refill engine coolant one must unscrew a big bolt-like plastic cap on top of the radiator. Been there, done that so what's the deal?

IMG_20190618_180155.thumb.jpg.9901defe6832bb33cb056545ee7596a8.jpg

Head came off and thread got stuck, that's the deal. wtf!
Had to use a metal dowel, WD40 and pipe wrench to get it all out now I don't have a cap other than the thread and dowel combo oh boy...
live update:

IMG_20190619_152156.jpg

...much better!
  • Like 3

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Let me guess..... Plastic one made when cars built in UK .....New one when BMW bought Rover?

• Like 1

Let me guess..... Plastic one made when cars built in UK .....New one when BMW bought Rover?
Ha! Would've been my guess as well - in fact the brass one was the original equipment! Plastic ones only came on aftermarket radiators

says Hasi.

To refill engine coolant one must unscrew a big bolt-like plastic cap on top of the radiator. Been there, done that so what's the deal?

IMG_20190618_180155.thumb.jpg.9901defe6832bb33cb056545ee7596a8.jpg

Head came off and thread got stuck, that's the deal. wtf!
Had to use a metal dowel, WD40 and pipe wrench to get it all out now I don't have a cap other than the thread and dowel combo oh boy...
What kind of buffoon puts a plastic plug there? Get a brass one made up (if you can't find a metal one off the shelf) & you'll be laughing. Also reccommend evans waterless coolant to stop corrosion & the need to flush/replace ever again.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Good work! 'It ain't over 'til it's Rover..' :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

Just had a thought... You need one of these...

Save a lot of hassle rebuilding it yourself :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

What kind of buffoon puts a plastic plug there? Get a brass one made up (if you can't find a metal one off the shelf) & you'll be laughing. Also reccommend evans waterless coolant to stop corrosion & the need to flush/replace ever again.
live update:

IMG_20190619_152156.thumb.jpg.27934432a654a6fae411c4164f851a9e.jpg

...much better!
Ha! Would've been my guess as well - in fact the brass one was the original equipment! Plastic ones only came on aftermarket radiators
dunno but they're readily available everywhere. Maybe Evans supplies them with their once-and-for-all coolant

Funny enough, I've been opening and closing this guy at least four times, alsways treaded uper section of thread with some silicone grease so it wouldn't get stuck. Maybe the materials didn't like one another

says Hasi.