Hasi

Long Road to Cirencester

2 hours ago, Hasi said:

Looking at a couple more later today! emoji56.png
Will keep you posted... but now that you've mentioned it let's give a short heads up:

in an effort to make me drive more and fix less I'm looking to replace the Rover V8 with a Chevy pickup truck from the 70s. Obviously it'll still mean maintenence and repairs BUT there are no Lucas parts, a spares dealer around the corner and tax benefits when being used as a company car for it is a truck and not a passenger vehicle.
Plus it'll stick out in traffic even a bit more, so slamming our logo on will create more attention. Another classic car enthusiast lately mentioned something really important: with a sports car you'll always have 'enemies' on the road. With an old pickup truck you'll create sympathy. No matter what engine it's got in.

Even though switching from this sleek executive fastback to a bulky hillbilly long-bed (aerodynamics like the container it shipped to Europe with) the most important thing won't change: both V8s share the same firing order emoji23.png

Did you get a banjo 😂..Rocking chair .. I’ve found some horns for the front for you ..

• Like 1

IXXI-Disney-Cars-Tow-Mater.jpg.c6401adabaf74ee5fe08a170119f3e10.jpg

..probably about right :classic_rolleyes:😂

• Like 3

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I think you need to take the troublesome one to India.... I saw this headline and thought of you:

Could it be that yours is the car for them?

landrover.PNG

• Like 1

Did you get a banjo ..Rocking chair .. I’ve found some horns for the front for you ..
will do in time...
got a couple straw hats and checkered shirts to begin with, does that count? Oh, and a harmonica!
Looking forward to seeing your horn...s erm no brokeback mountain feelings here, I'll leave that to@DavecUK (you know what I did there...)
  • Haha 2

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

IXXI-Disney-Cars-Tow-Mater.jpg.c6401adabaf74ee5fe08a170119f3e10.jpg

..probably about right :classic_rolleyes:
haha, yea I had that picture in my head all day!! although that tomato marks the so-called Task Force series (mid to late 1950s)...

that's like what Hasi has in mind:

d366fedb47486c77ec1ccc558b32f117--pickup-chevy-chevy-pickups.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

9 minutes ago, Hasi said:

will do in time...
got a couple straw hats and checkered shirts to begin with, does that count? Oh, and a harmonica!
Looking forward to seeing your horn...s emoji23.png erm no brokeback mountain feelings here, I'll leave that to@DavecUK emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png (you know what I did there...)

You are nearly there , enough to go and buy the truck 😂 .. I will dig out the horny bits tomorrow and post a picture for you.. You will be impressed 🥴..   Oh yes ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think you need to take the troublesome one to India.... I saw this headline and thought of you:
Could it be that yours is the car for them?

landrover.thumb.PNG.2c7f4c9ff9d4772a9c5271d0f634f81b.PNG
ahahahaaa that's even not too far fetched as they've kept building SD1s (2 litre engine) in India under the Standard brand name for at least another decade!

At least they would have the insights to maintain that thing in outer space...

says Hasi.

Shhh, Hasi allegedly spent the evening with Lady Sophie of Solihull, again.

Same procedure as last Sunday, Miss Sophie? - Same procedure as every Sunday, James.

What is it this time, you might ask... well I decided to uncover some more of her dirty secrets in the V and down the valley whistle.gif.cfc3fcde60146c851815585f14540e4e.gif

IMG_20190616_231315.thumb.jpg.6ce4fc24069c81ac2892f065ad3c4d44.jpg

IMG_20190616_231557.thumb.jpg.b257dc236b77eff34756dab24e375777.jpg

Unplugging the different hoses, lines, cables, wires and spreading stuff across workshop floor finally resulted in lifting off the intake manifold & carbs combo all in one. I like!

IMG_20190616_231350.thumb.jpg.6c029209a35254a89f3e3189f616350b.jpg

I knew there would be some old gunk but holy liqui moly quick, let's get rid of that valley gasket piece of crap.

One could clearly see where it had been leaking through by now...

IMG_20190616_231513.thumb.jpg.fa2a1ec49d2193177f79067893a58325.jpg

Aaah much better

A little brush&wash should to it for tonight.

IMG_20190616_231653.thumb.jpg.1cbc5ff5b6f05c2d9978e63c80bf6240.jpg

Gotta love an old toothbrush to clean certain corners that cannot be reached otherwise.

IMG_20190616_231750.thumb.jpg.fc9871b07c7505eeae412a46bd81053c.jpg

Done for today

• Like 4

says Hasi.

What a lovely dirty dirty lady .. how could you give her up 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Just a little heads up to what's following...

spacer.png

• Like 2

says Hasi.

2 hours ago, Hasi said:

Just a little heads up to what's following...

spacer.png

The AA or RAC won’t miss that on the road side ...😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Q1 In the cab does it have a shotgun or banjo rack or both

Q2 is it also a V8 😎

• Haha 1

keep calm and grind flat

3 hours ago, Nicknak said:

The AA or RAC won’t miss that on the road side ...😂😂😂

There won't be any failure mate. It's been a resto show car that had been stripped down to the last screw and completely rebuilt. Factory new Corvette replcaement engine and 4-speed auto transmission ready to rumble!

2 hours ago, jimbojohn55 said:

Q1 In the cab does it have a shotgun or banjo rack or both

Q2 is it also a V8 😎

A1 not yet, but Nick and I have already agreed on some finer details :D
There's a rocking chair missing as well, but we're getting there...

A2 hell yeah!! They've put in a Chevy 350, so at least these numbers don't change coming from the Rover 3500 :angel: however, we're talking cubic inches here: although a small block, it displaces 5.7l - should be a bit shy of 300hp with massive torque (>500nM) in combination with the intake manifold and carb combo.

spacer.png

Well, I didn't do it myself - but I'm sure there comes a time when I can go through a project like this!!
For now I'm restricted to changing alternators, gaskets and fluids 🤣

Edited by Hasi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

A1 not yet, but Nick and I have already agreed on some finer details
A2 hell yeah!! They've put in a Chevy 350, so at least these numbers don't change coming from the Rover 3500 :angel: however, we're talking cubic inches here: although a small block, it displaces 5.7l - should be a bit shy of 300hp with massive torque (>500nM) in combination with the intake manifold and carb combo.
54434121_499336877272175_4666072214339059712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=7b7e44424110dca42d217aebf0053b3f&oe=5D968093

Well, I didn't do it myself - but I'm sure there comes a time when I can go through a project like this!!
For now I'm restricted to changing alternators, gaskets and fluids

Looks like it needs a supercharger so there's time enough for uou to tinker yet!
  • Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler

@Hasi  loving it already ! Is it yours yet ??? We need a forum day just for that 👍😂.

Now I have a shotgun but might get in trouble lending you that .. On the other hand I have a scoped up airgun that might suit 🤓..

What wood shall we go for the gun rack ?  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hasi said:

There won't be any failure mate. It's been a resto show car that had been stripped down to the last screw and completely rebuilt. Factory new Corvette replcaement engine and 4-speed auto transmission ready to rumble!

A1 not yet, but Nick and I have already agreed on some finer details :D

spacer.png

For now I'm restricted to changing alternators, gaskets and fluids 🤣

That engine looks so small in there ..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

Looks like it needs a supercharger so there's time enough for uou to tinker yet! emoji16.png

The good thing about small blocks and big engine bays... lots of ROOM to throw money in 👼
The responsible workshop is a Superperformance distributor... I've had a (very quick and envious) look at a freshly tuned 932HP Cobra... supercharging a Chevy would be a piece of cake for them I guess!

Edited by Hasi
  • Like 1

says Hasi.

28 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

@Hasi  loving it already ! Is it yours yet ??? We need a forum day just for that 👍😂.

Now I have a shotgun but might get in trouble lending you that .. On the other hand I have a scoped up airgun that might suit 🤓..

What wood shall we go for the gun rack ?  

They need to finish it first: suspension, windows, interior, bed liner, paperwork (import, special permit, registration as classic car, road license/plates, etc.).
It's mine when it sits in my garage, oh how long will that still take?! Tell you on Wednesday when I go visit her...

Re gun and banjo rack: what 'wood' you suggest?

Edited by Hasi
  • Like 2

says Hasi.

How quickly we have all forgotten poor Miss Sophie 😥😥😥😥😥

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

How quickly we have all forgotten poor Miss Sophie 😥😥😥😥😥

I'm reminded upon my return home at the latest, when it's time to get on with her V :D

• Like 2

says Hasi.

6 minutes ago, Hasi said:

I'm reminded upon my return home at the latest, when it's time to get on with her V :D

I was going to reply .. edited changed it several times and thought better of it ..😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

buffing Miss Sophies internals...

IMG_20190617_215402.jpg

IMG_20190617_221833.jpg

• Like 2

says Hasi.

and putting in everything I've got...

IMG_20190618_023206.jpg

IMG_20190618_023505.jpg

IMG_20190618_023533.jpg

IMG_20190618_023427.jpg

Hopefully this will stop her dripping for good...!
Now waiting 24h for the sealant to harden, then refilling coolant and seeing what's happening!

Edited by Hasi
found a missing '-ing'
  • Like 4

says Hasi.

To refill engine coolant one must unscrew a big bolt-like plastic cap on top of the radiator. Been there, done that so what's the deal?

IMG_20190618_180155.jpg

Head came off and thread got stuck, that's the deal. wtf!
Had to use a metal dowel, WD40 and pipe wrench to get it all out now I don't have a cap other than the thread and dowel combo oh boy...

• Sad 1

says Hasi.

4 hours ago, Hasi said:

To refill engine coolant one must unscrew a big bolt-like plastic cap on top of the radiator. Been there, done that so what's the deal?

IMG_20190618_180155.jpg

Head came off and thread got stuck, that's the deal. wtf!
Had to use a metal dowel, WD40 and pipe wrench to get it all out emoji51.png now I don't have a cap other than the thread and dowel combo emoji23.png oh boy...

You and Joey are one of a kind 🥴😂😂😂.. I’d get rid of her and get yourself a really shiny American 🤔

• Haha 1