Jackabb

Random Coffee Assortment

When I saw this on Coffee Compass I had to give it a go.

I love shuffle on my music and I always loved the feeling of opening a pack of football stickers to see what I got so this felt like a natural development.....

Today I received and was not disappointed and even got some bags I cannot find on the website. In my first "pack" I got......

Hill & Valley

Rancheros

Tanzanian - AA Orsa

Ellie Salvador- Finca la Fany

Java - Jampit Estate

Columbia Timana- Huila Excelso

Costa Rica El Pilon

Cuban Serrano - Altra

Luckily I didn't get and swaps, The only problem is I have to give 2 packs away but no idea which, any suggestions?

I only drink as espresso although make flat whites for my partner..

b2ad17b3487189864797ad6ce0c168cc.jpg

When I saw this on Coffee Compass I had to give it a go.

I love shuffle on my music and I always loved the feeling of opening a pack of football stickers to see what I got so this felt like a natural development.....

Today I received and was not disappointed and even got some bags I cannot find on the website. In my first "pack" I got......

Hill & Valley

Rancheros

Tanzanian - AA Orsa

Ellie Salvador- Finca la Fany

Java - Jampit Estate

Columbia Timana- Huila Excelso

Costa Rica El Pilon

Cuban Serrano - Altra

Luckily I didn't get and swaps, The only problem is I have to give 2 packs away but no idea which, any suggestions?

I only drink as espresso although make flat whites for my partner..

b2ad17b3487189864797ad6ce0c168cc.jpg

Nice haul! My wife loves the Cuban Serrano in her flat whites.

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Niche Zero

Brewed: Hario V60, French press

Hill and valley would be top of the list to give away, I really couldn't get on with that bean, its really dark oily and intense, not drinkable for me as a straight espresso although ok in a milk based .

Out of interest why are you giving two away?

& by giving them away do you mean selling them on... If so & you do decide to get rid of the H&V I’d be interested.

Thank you for the offer but two have to go to my father as payment for his services as chief childminder, so not selling. He has very basic setup with pressurised basket etc so is easy on what he gets as long as its freshish.

I was thinking maybe the two blends ( H&V and Racheros) as presumably these are the most likely to turn up when I next go for the random order.

It is amazing what 10 mis of sweet textured milk can add!

Thank you for the offer but two have to go to my father as payment for his services as chief childminder, so not selling. He has very basic setup with pressurised basket etc so is easy on what he gets as long as its freshish.

I was thinking maybe the two blends ( H&V and Racheros) as presumably these are the most likely to turn up when I next go for the random order.

didn't realise you were giving it away to a family member as thankyou, I really wouldn't give him hill and valley they are pretty disgusting, over roasted smoky rubbish. I love coffee compass have never had a bad bag of beans, infact had mostly amazing stunning beans, but the exception is that hill and valley, would just throw them in compost.

didn't realise you were giving it away to a family member as thankyou, I really wouldn't give him hill and valley they are pretty disgusting, over roasted smoky rubbish. I love coffee compass have never had a bad bag of beans, infact had mostly amazing stunning beans, but the exception is that hill and valley, would just throw them in compost.

U sure u just haven’t played about enough & found the best way to pull it?

Those are the 2 very dark roasts in the selection (and by far my favourites of the bunch - certainly not "pretty disgusting, over roasted smoky rubbish" :) ), so only pass them on if he doesn't mind that.

Nothing compass produces I would describe as disgusting and never 'over roasted' (which implies some kind of lack of skill). It may not be to your tastes or you may not have found its sweet spot on your set up. I certainly wouldn't warn people off Foundry's offerings because I don't like (or have struggled with) lighter roasts...

Back to OP, I think you're going to have to toss a coin mate, that's quite a varied haul. IMHO Rancheros makes an awesome espresso or milk drink. Very rich and bold.

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

If actually go so far to say if your not a dark roast kind of person to actually keep the H&V just to play around with it as something different.

The mahogany Jampit hit (not your version) is a very dark & oily offering from coffee compass & I love it. To begin with I wasn’t treating it rite & the results were not so good. I went through most of a kilo grinding & pulling it the wrong way.

The H&V is a mahogany roast. I have not tried it but I probably will on my next order & will treat it like the Jampit to begin with. Grind it fine & pull it short & slow. A ratio between 1:1 & 1:1.5 in 35-45 seconds.... gloopy goodness in milk. You can break ‘the rules’ a bit with these darker roasts IMO.

In the end I let him choose ( after removing the Jampit..

So I will never know the Tanzanian or the H&V.