qpop

Fracino Cherub HX, cups, accessories

I think I'd be taking it up with the postal service that was used if it's believed that damage was caused by them. Even when well packaged its no guarantee against any harm coming to an item. Was the packaging damaged in any way? Does the machine bare any signs of being miss-handled? Even if there are no outward signs, something inside may have jarred/moved. If there's any reason to suspect damage in transit then put in a claim. Follow the guidelines from the postal service on how to proceed. @Coffeebean on here is a Fracino man and may be able to provide answers to what could be wrong, or who to contact to take a look at it for example.

I personally don't trust postal services, especially after having one grinder arrived with its base cracked and the grinder out of alignment from being dropped. When I bought my EK it was on the understanding that I took full responsibility from the time it left the seller.. that was a nervous few days..

The transaction appears to have been carried out in good faith from what I can see there's no reason to say otherwise. Unfortunately from our perspective, once a sale has been agreed it's out of our hands and the dispute lies between the seller, buyer and the postal company. Maybe @Glenn can confirm that and offer further advice? I can understand how it can be frustrating for both parties involved.

• Thanks 2

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Hi all, 

Are we sure the machine is actually faulty?  The buyer has another thread running where he describes the fault and is asking for advice. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the machine from what he is saying, apart from maybe the pstat being set a little low. 

‘Sorry I can’t link to the other thread, I’m having real issues with Tapatalk!

Cheers

Simon

I don’t believe the machine is faulty nor damaged in transit. Filipk feels it needs a service but the opinion on the fracino forum seems to be its working as expected with maybe slightly low temps that can be fixed with an adjustment. 

With this in mind I am minded to consider the transaction complete, and hope Filipk agrees and gets on with the machine. 

Afaik, the purchase price is a bargain, regardless. The machine has been owned by three forum members and hopefully looked after by each. To buy it new would cost over £1,000.  

Hi, 

Yes, I agree that damage in transit is out of the question, however, I do not think it was fair to say that the machine is in great nick - it clearly is not working properly.

I have never worked with those machines and I do not feel confident enough to just start messing with it on my first day. What if it's not the pstat? I feel like it should be a professional that can bring it to a condition that it was sold under.

Bargain or not, I did not receive what I was buying, this is my only quibble.

Posted (edited)

Frankly I think FilipK is overreacting but I have reluctantly offered to “refund” him £50 to cover costs of service he believes the machine needs, and he has agreed to this resolution.  

I am am fully disavowed of couriering items as this would all have been dealt with if they’d looked at the machine in person. 

The machine is now sold, the cups are available if there is any interest. 

Edited by qpop

3 hours ago, qpop said:

Frankly I think FilipK is overreacting but I have reluctantly offered to “refund” him £50 to cover costs of service he believes the machine needs, and he has agreed to this resolution.  

I am am fully disavowed of couriering items as this would all have been dealt with if they’d looked at the machine in person. 

The machine is now sold, the cups are available if there is any interest. 

How much you looking for with regards to cups? Will you post those?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)