the person who initiated the claim and who should know how it works if genuine runs away. Tells you all you need to know.

Nothing against you personally Nikko, but I dislike that you are posting in the way you are and especially targeting what Dave C is saying and I am sure i am not the only one. If people have experience of using machines then its fair play to add input but you havent used a Minima and just seem to try WUM your way through things. Those of us that have, love it, so either we are all wrong or perhaps you are. Dave is a great source of input and info to many on here and the fact he is even having to mute threads because of you is not on. I'd suggest if you dont want to be part of this community then dont, but its getting a bit boring either way now.

Posted (edited)
the person who initiated the claim and who should know how it works if genuine runs away. Tells you all you need to know.

Actually.. it tells me all I need to know about you. Or maybe that is what you meant?

Edited by joe

Nothing against you personally Nikko, but I dislike that you are posting in the way you are and especially targeting what Dave C is saying and I am sure i am not the only one. If people have experience of using machines then its fair play to add input but you havent used a Minima and just seem to try WUM your way through things. Those of us that have, love it, so either we are all wrong or perhaps you are. Dave is a great source of input and info to many on here and the fact he is even having to mute threads because of you is not on. I'd suggest if you dont want to be part of this community then dont, but its getting a bit boring either way now.

i am sorry you dislike my posts. This forum is to share information and some people may appreciate to know that the Minima does not have magic properties. I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

i am sorry you dislike my posts. This forum is to share information and some people may appreciate to know that the Minima does not have magic properties. I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

It isn’t the way you attempt to share information, constructive or otherwise (usually the latter), it’s your downright sarcastic attitude and accusations that are enough to make many of us set certain threads to 'ignore'.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

It isn’t the way you attempt to share information, constructive or otherwise (usually the latter), it’s your downright sarcastic attitude and accusations that are enough to make many of us set certain threads to 'ignore'.

i thought I was constructive, referring to evidence in DaveC videos. Sarcasm? You must be a very sensitive soul. Anyway, why do you think it is not being clarified when it would be so easy to do. Why do people talk about me instead of the issues I raise?

@Nikko I have only been a member for less than a year ... In my recollection most if not all of your have been in retaliation to a post by DaveC and many are of a personal nature. To the point that anything you say gets lost in “ oh no it’s him again “ . I do not know either of you but it seems you have a personal vendetta against him .

I don’t recollect you joining in with any other thread in a constructive way ..

You have hijacked this thread where a member was telling us about the joy he had in his new machine ..

Perhaps you could open a thread and fully explain any expertise you have and possibly fully explain your reasons for suggesting what you mean..

I am sorry you think I hijacked this thread. I recall I was responding to the chanelling problems of the Minima which the op experiences.

I am sorry you think I hijacked this thread. I recall I was responding to the chanelling problems of the Minima which the op experiences.
No problems other than the user. I never used a naked PF before so it's exposed where I need to get distribution right. It would have happened on any machine, so isn't relevant. I only mentioned it in the context of the absolute pleasure I am getting in learning and enjoying along the way.

No problems other than the user. I never used a naked PF before so it's exposed where I need to get distribution right. It would have happened on any machine, so isn't relevant. I only mentioned it in the context of the absolute pleasure I am getting in learning and enjoying along the way.

@Nikko

Take it on the chin and start tomorrow anew and you'll make some good acquaintances on here. It's a great place and you clearly want to contribute, but do it right and you'll get more out of it.

Can anyone tell me if the 2 boilers have drain plugs on them?

I don't think they do as they are sealed units.

Don't recall seeing any when looking for an electrical problem on my Beta unit.

They're stainless steel afaik, so a regular descale wouldn't hurt them or make it necessary to drain and rinse.

Or was your question referring to magical properties by any chance?

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

I just wondered how easy it would be to rescale without drain plugs. It is one of the reasons I run an HX

I just wondered how easy it would be to rescale without drain plugs. It is one of the reasons I run an HX
Flush a lot!

I run some 8-10l fresh water through my Rocket single boiler after putting in a descaling agent.

It's about time on the Minima now, so will consult the manual anytime soon...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Easy if you siphon descaler in and out via the top of the boilers and then the same with fresh water until the taste goes. The service boiler can be done easily through the hot water tap but I'd be tempted to siphon in and out with that too just because the boiler is so large and it's probably better for the heating element. The manual states which fixture is best to remove to get in via the top.

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

I seem to remember when I had a Profitec 700, both boilers had taps on and I am just slightly surprised that such a well thought through machine as the Minima does not follow suit. This is why I like my Nota, even though I admire the Minima and have thought about getting one, but with the HX, once a year I put in some descale solution then simply flush it thorough with large amounts of clean water. Not everyone wants to take panels off and open inspection hatches etc......but I also appreciate, that many do enjoy that as well

Fair enough. You do just need to take the cup warmer off with about 5/6 hex screws (3/4 on top 2 at the back) to access the top of the boilers. Draining from holes on the bottom of the case would be nice but I think one of the reasons they went for welded heating elements was to prevent the possibility of leaks that can cause damage and to save space, so maybe having a tap down there wouldn't make sense given that. It's a clever idea to have a little tap you can just attach a hose to and open up though.

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

I didn't even know this machine existed, it seems like a game changer.

Is there going to be an option to buy it with a rotary pump?

The vibration pump seems very loud in comparison to your voice in the videos. In the summer I change my sleep schedule round so that I make my first coffee at 4-5am in the morning, I currently sacrifice coffee quality for noise and therefore hand-grind my coffee then use a V60 to make a latte so not to wake up everyone in the household at such time.

No chance of getting a rotary in there I don't think, even if you remove the water tank. You could likely convert it with an external pump.

If it were only for the noise, then there's other options than exchanging the pump.

As widely disagreed above the Minima offers such a nice package that allows for slow ramp rate. Chances are that changing this winning team will likely compromise overall performance, no?

says Hasi.

You can just add a valve after the pump to control pressure/flow rate. My Minima ramps up gradually to 9 bar in pretty much the same time as my full E61 Expobar, the difference being that the expobar rises quickly first to about 4 bar and then quickly to 9 bar after a short delay.

Cool so one of these and a niche, perfect pairing?
Deffo!

Love it every time

says Hasi.

Deffo!

Love it every time

I second that.