Fair enough, if Jordan cant help me today Ill probably be looking for some bits. But have recently done seals/gaskets etc, so will only be this one valve I require.

Posted (edited)
Fair enough, if Jordan cant help me today Ill probably be looking for some bits. But have recently done seals/gaskets etc, so will only be this one valve I require.

Remember any safety valve with a release pressure of ahh... about 2 bar+ and the correct thread size (1/4 inch) will work fine as long as it's not a fairly tall one. Although 1.8 bar is just outside the Vs max temp/pressure rating of around 1.7 bar, I always prefer to be a bit above that. so 2 to 2.5 bar makes me feel a lot happier. The V standard pressure relief valve is 2.5 bar rated.

Edited by DavecUK

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Thanks Dave. I did take the other valve off, given it a good soak in a solution and haven’t had an issue since and have left the V turned on.

Like I said previously this was just minor, occasional and not a major issue. Just want to aim to resolve or replace before it potentially became worse.

Thanks Dave. I did take the other valve off, given it a good soak in a solution and haven’t had an issue since and have left the V turned on.

Like I said previously this was just minor, occasional and not a major issue. Just want to aim to resolve or replace before it potentially became worse.

Definitely, these valves shouldn't ever release....unless the pressure goes too high, which for the V would be over 140C and that's not really possible, because Gicar limit things to 130 on their PIDs unless you put in an offset. however, that said you have an Orchstrale commercial control board and it's possible Gicar never included my recommendations 14 years ago (it's a long story) in that particular board. So

1. Check in the advanced settings you don't have any offset programmed for the steam boiler

2. If the replacement valve also sometimes lets off pressure...then it's time to check the temp sensor in the steam boiler!

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Thanks Dave.

Is there a standard set of factory numbers that should be input into the advanced settings just so I know whether anything has been deviated from significantly?

Actually I remember I had the option of a steam boiler (service boiler) offset removed....so it can't be that. Just keep an eye on it and if the replacement valve lets go, it could be the temp sensor. Perhaps crudded up perhaps faulty?

Actually I remember I had the option of a steam boiler (service boiler) offset removed....so it can't be that. Just keep an eye on it and if the replacement valve lets go, it could be the temp sensor. Perhaps crudded up perhaps faulty?

Perfect, thanks Dave. And will do. I always use bottled water, but do take on board what youre saying about bottled water vs. Ro benefits

Perfect, thanks Dave. And will do. I always use bottled water, but do take on board what youre saying about bottled water vs. Ro benefits

It all to often falls on deaf ears I am afraid, but after more than 15 years of using RO water and my friends now realising my machines don't often get faults, not because I am special (as they thought), but because I use RO.

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is the exact thread to use but....

Where would one source the right temperature probe for the brew boiler?

Recently I have had an intermittent error on my Vesuvius. The coffee boiler temp as reading much higher than the setpoint.

Now I have received an error message. "Alarm Coffee Temperat.1" with an exclamation point on the screen.

From browsing forums, it suggests that my temp probe is failing/failed.
Where could I order a replacement? 

Thanks all

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Bella barista in the uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

14 hours ago, steveholt said:

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is the exact thread to use but....

Where would one source the right temperature probe for the brew boiler?

Recently I have had an intermittent error on my Vesuvius. The coffee boiler temp as reading much higher than the setpoint.

Now I have received an error message. "Alarm Coffee Temperat.1" with an exclamation point on the screen.

From browsing forums, it suggests that my temp probe is failing/failed.
Where could I order a replacement? 

Thanks all

Steve, when and where did you buy the machine?

@kennyboy993 suggestion, although meant well, isn't a great idea unless you purchased the machine from them...think hard about that one for a bit. If you purchased from the factory direct @ashcroc suggestion is a much better one.

I have a reputation for impartiality and trust with any companies I review/advise and always try and ensure the consumer gets correct information, not sales fluff. I set up a support forum for ACS for owners of their machines, whether people use it or not is up to them. I considered holding spares for UK owners of factory machines, so they could save massively on postage charges but feedback over the last 6 months on this forum and my own reputation made me think the better of it. You guys know who to thank for that.

This of course doesn't stop you guys doing group buys of maintenance spares to reduce the postage and then ask the factory to ship to one address for a large enough buy to keep them interested. I am sure one of the grateful owners will organise that.

Ultimately most of the parts including the temp sensors are standard parts and can be purchased from most vendors of spares for espresso machines. Even the main board I believe is a standard part that can be flashed with the correct firmware (I have the kit to do that, but not all the firmware versions) as a source of last resort, I will in the future be able to flash firmware if ever needed..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks,

This was a factory Machine - and Paolo will have the part in the post to me this week :)

Dave - My silent trouble shooting was indeed driven by the users forum you run. I didnt want to bother you directly, as well you carry quite a load with respect to general expertise and ACS specifics, I didnt want to impose upon you if I didnt have to. I didnt post on the other forum as I didnt want to turn up to a new place just to be seen to be demanding help/getting it all wrong.

Thanks all for your help - I am not around here as much as I used to be, but this place still is a big part of my coffee life. 

With caffinated affection, steve :)

• Thanks 1