Coffee Forums banner

Now Sold..Sage Oracle Espresso Machine (Black) £410

Tags
b2c oracle
2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  ronsil 
#1 ·

Have decided to offer for sale my 2.5 yrs old Oracle.

Appears my new Machine is on its way & going to meet my current needs.

Considering its condition & the extras it's a real bargain at £410,

(BES980UK)

Some cosmetic wear shown in pictures & reflected in price

Complete with double spout PF & Sage double basket.

Descaled Monday 25-03-2019. Regular backflushing.

Camera accessory Gas Drip coffee maker Machine Cameras & optics

In great working order with a new milk steam pump supplied & fitted by ;Coffee Classics' in February

Had them fit a new group-head gasket(although original one still in very good condition) & check over the Machine whilst here last month

Very soft water area & used with a 'in line' BWT Water Cartridge changed annually since new

Kitchen appliance Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Also included is a Sage blanking disk, group brush, milk pitcher & original tools.

Sage knock-box. Sage milk Pitcher

Pickup or meetup would be the way to go.

Product Gas Kitchen appliance Electronic device Machine

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Gadget Audio equipment Bumper Gas Auto part

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
The Machine is out of the 2 year warranty.

Based near Altrincham as stated on the Post heading.

Probably could arrange a meetup between here & Leicester. M6 Service area somewhere.

Don't drive anymore so would need some Family assistance on this.

#7 ·
ronsil said:
The Machine is out of the 2 year warranty.

Based near Altrincham as stated on the Post heading.

Probably could arrange a meetup between here & Leicester. M6 Service area somewhere.

Don't drive anymore so would need some Family assistance on this.
Apologies i cant see it in header, no biggie.

Ok will keep it in mind, no warranty is an issue.

#9 ·
kloxpur said:
Can you reserve till tomorrow mid-afternoon?

Got to clear this with the missus.

A bit of a trek for me to go up there as I'm from near bath
:)
but will try convince her for $ and 6h roundtrip.
You're new to the forum. Would be a good idea to read the rules first - especially as you are asking a moderator to break them

Would be better if you introduced yourself via new members thread as a gesture you're hoping to contribute not just benefit from the for sales thread.

#10 ·
@ronsil im still tempted and ive just sold my Compak k6 grinder, so looking for a new grinder, and your machine keeps coming to my mind as I want to have a simple (wife friendly) set up at home.

a couple of q if I may.

1. Did you use the grinder on the oracle or did u use a separate grinder?

2. how have you found the grinder yourself?

3. The recent work that had been completed, assuming it was out of warranty as it was carried out in Feb? how do "coffee classics" work out costs, are they reasonable to deal with? is machine taken away and repaired or is it completed on site i.e at home etc.

Kindest regards

Mo

#11 ·
Let me answer your list:

1 - I personally used a separate grinder, an EK & more recently a Niche. My Wife & family used the built-in one.

2 - Only ever put the same coffee through the built-in grinder. That was 'The Bolts' from Baytown. Everybody liked it so we stayed with it. Meant that I rarely needed to change the grind. Using the Oracle (Sage) double basket the grinder delivers 22-22.5 grams per shot. So it produces a larger coffee namely 45 grms which works excelently for my milk drinking friends & family who mainly like their coffee in larger cups. Forgot to mention it in the advert but the milk steamer is 'out of this world' for consistant steamed milk automatically. You'd be hard put to match it doing it manually on another machine. Ask others on the Forum for confirmation.

3 - I find Coffee Classics very good. They charge £95 to visit + any extra parts they have to supply. The initial fee includes half an hours work. Have used them twice over my ownership & have completed the work both times at the initial cost. The engineers are Forum members. Bear in mind I'm getting on a bit so I no longer have the ability for simple repairs. All work is completed 'on - site'.

Any more questions, please ask.

#18 ·
ronsil said:
Let me answer your list:

1 - I personally used a separate grinder, an EK & more recently a Niche. My Wife & family used the built-in one.

2 - Only ever put the same coffee through the built-in grinder. That was 'The Bolts' from Baytown. Everybody liked it so we stayed with it. Meant that I rarely needed to change the grind. Using the Oracle (Sage) double basket the grinder delivers 22-22.5 grams per shot. So it produces a larger coffee namely 45 grms which works excelently for my milk drinking friends & family who mainly like their coffee in larger cups. Forgot to mention it in the advert but the milk steamer is 'out of this world' for consistant steamed milk automatically. You'd be hard put to match it doing it manually on another machine. Ask others on the Forum for confirmation.
Exactly what I do with the Barista Express. Currently has Costa in the grinder (as that's what my other half likes, and she can get it freshly roasted) and my Niche is sat next to it for everything else. I've set it all up so she can just get in with it, even though she did a barista course at work it confuses her lol. I think the Sage's are underrated for what they can achieve, but that's just my opinion.

#19 ·
Rhys said:
Exactly what I do with the Barista Express. Currently has Costa in the grinder (as that's what my other half likes, and she can get it freshly roasted) and my Niche is sat next to it for everything else. I've set it all up so she can just get in with it, even though she did a barista course at work it confuses her lol. I think the Sage's are underrated for what they can achieve, but that's just my opinion.
Congratualtions on the sale chaps - but random question from me, to @Rhys .... how does your other half get the Costa's supply freshly roasted? Mine also likes their offerings, but only seems to be able to get pre ground, let alone a fresh bean version?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.