IGNORED

What Grease/Lubricant are you using for Cams/Levers?

Ive just swapped the cam over on the Vesuvius and was going to just add some lube to aid it.

What are you using for your cams or levers etc?

Ideally something I can buy locally as im inpatient.

Thank you

Cheers all. Bought some of the 111.

I did search before and saw that recommended. Just wanted to make sure there were no newer/better alternatives.

I am using synthetic greases on my La Pavoni PLH. Moebius Synt-HP1300 9104 for mechanisms and food-safe Superlube with PTFE for the seals. The Moebius HP1300 is a modern watchmaker or instrument oil and is very good for reducing friction in metal/metal applications with high pressures and temperatures - unfortunately it also has a high price. Both these greases have shown considerable reduction in the operating force due to reduced friction.

I have to presume this was a JOKE. Copperslip contains LEAD in addition to other substances not suitable for ingestion.:whistle:

Perhaps he has been using it so long, he didn't realise ;)

Nothing here...

i am a gluten for punishment. being a tight wad buying the 5g sachets of molykote 111 off ebay, soon run out :mad:
It's cheaper in the long run just to buy a pot. Don't forget to leave it to someone in your will though!
i am a gluten for punishment.

I was trying to come up with a bread joke for this part, but then I decided not to. I mean crumbs, if I can't find a way to sandwich it into a normal comment - then it's probably better to cut it there.

Why you kneaded to make a half baked comment about bread, proves that you want others to rise to the challenge. This shaping of the discussion is like adding too much salt to the wound of a spelling mistake and you may not get a rise from the other person.

Nothing here...

Why you kneaded to make a half baked comment about bread, proves that you want others to rise to the challenge. This shaping of the discussion is like adding too much salt to the wound of a spelling mistake and you may not get a rise from the other person.

This johicular moment has gone quite stale now...

Jon.

Oh dear, bread based puns are possibly the worst, it’s a form of humour that is so dead your only option is to baguette, tag it and bury it.....

Is that puns or buns? I don't eat either any more for fear of making my bread basket too big.

Nothing here...