Stevebee

User Profiles

Thought I’d kick this one off as I’ve previously posted these elsewhere but now there is a Vesuvius section I’ll add it here.

Using 18g VST, 18g in 1:2 ratio , targeting 36g out.

My main profile is a lever style one

14s-2b,5s-10b,5s-9b,5s-8b,5s-7b,5s-6b,14s-4b total 52s but aim to stop it at 44s as this is when it normally hits 36g. I stop by weight.

re long preinfusions, I had the pressure gauge on the group, since replaced by temp sensor, but whilst the pressure shown on the gauge is the same as on the lcd, there is a period of 6 to 7 seconds where no pressure is registered on the gauge. I think this is the E61 group filling, not sure.

So not sure what effect less than 6s PI will have, that’s why I use 14s. Also, using a naked, with the right grind, this is when drips just start to appear before the pressure starts to ramp up.

The other profiles I have are for Light Roasts, Flat 9 bar, Flat 6 bar, both these with 7s pre infusion first.

I use the 6 bar one also to carry out the back flush with a blind basket.

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Ponte Vecchio Lusso Grinders : EK43 & Titus alignment tool, Compak E10, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47

I like X-Flavour profile that has been shared in the forum:

8sec - 2bar ->(5sec - 9bar) ->(6sec - 8bar) ->(6sec - 8bar) ->(5sec - 7bar)->(3sec - 7bar) -> 90sec - 6bar

and the result is sweet:

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

Thought I’d kick this one off as I’ve previously posted these elsewhere but now there is a Vesuvius section I’ll add it here.

Using 18g VST, 18g in 1:2 ratio , targeting 36g out.

My main profile is a lever style one

14s-2b,5s-10b,5s-9b,5s-8b,5s-7b,5s-6b,14s-4b total 52s but aim to stop it at 44s as this is when it normally hits 36g. I stop by weight.

re long preinfusions, I had the pressure gauge on the group, since replaced by temp sensor, but whilst the pressure shown on the gauge is the same as on the lcd, there is a period of 6 to 7 seconds where no pressure is registered on the gauge. I think this is the E61 group filling, not sure.

So not sure what effect less than 6s PI will have, that’s why I use 14s. Also, using a naked, with the right grind, this is when drips just start to appear before the pressure starts to ramp up.

The other profiles I have are for Light Roasts, Flat 9 bar, Flat 6 bar, both these with 7s pre infusion first.

I use the 6 bar one also to carry out the back flush with a blind basket.

What’s your light roast profile Steve?

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

I’m finding x-flavour profile is working best for decaf funnily enough.

I usually try a new bean on lever profile first though not for decaf now

Live and Let Live

Just got my V so fiddling with profiles. Does anyone have Ron's spreadsheet that they could email me please?

Lelit Mara PL62 / HG-1 / Eazytamp / sweetcorn skewer / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

If I'm using a long pre infusion profile I adjust the length of it to when the coffee starts to become visible at the bottom of the filter which is usually about 14s.

Home: Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: La Spaziale S1 Mini II & Niche Zero

I have a few settings on PDF that I can upload later if that helps?

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

I have a few settings on PDF that I can upload later if that helps?
Yes please. I will pm you with an email address if you could ping it over too please?

Lelit Mara PL62 / HG-1 / Eazytamp / sweetcorn skewer / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Ping me your emails addresses and ill send you the full file

• Thanks 1

Machine - Vesuvius. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

File sent to IGM45

Machine - Vesuvius. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

Yes please. I will pm you with an email address if you could ping it over too please?

Have emailed :)

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

kenny - profiles sent via email

kenny - profiles sent via email

Thanks mate, will take a look

Live and Let Live

Thanks mate, will take a look

Not a problem, there are more than enough to play with. I had a look over and then extracted the ones I knew I would like to try based on previous experience. I kind of always preferred the slow ramp up then tail off style profiles and there are quite a few variants on there for that type. But equally plenty of flatter style profiles or quick ramps etc