dfk41

Nomination for best decaf

Is it ok in milk dfk?

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Can’t read much about it on the site. I think you mentioned elsewhere it was medium to dark?

Anything else you can tell us Dave?

Live and Let Live

Is it ok in milk dfk?

superb, and with larger ratios of milk as well. I drink it with 3 to 4 ounces but many friends go 6 to 8

• Like 1

Can’t read much about it on the site. I think you mentioned elsewhere it was medium to dark?

Anything else you can tell us Dave?

It is a medium to darker roast but nothing too drastic.....no roasted on date on the label, just a best before but I always ask when it was roasted and it is always within a few days. HE wholesales a lot and you see it in a lot of local cafes

• Like 1

I like Rave's Brazilian Swiss water Decaf, best decaf I've tried and one of the best coffees I've had too.

I like Rave's Brazilian Swiss water Decaf, best decaf I've tried and one of the best coffees I've had too.

I couldn’t even get this to taste drinkable so hats off to you sir. Think I must have had mine from a bad batch maybe...

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Thanks will order this next. Even with delivery still cheaper than what i pay to my local coffee shop for 250gr decaf beans.

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

I couldn’t even get this to taste drinkable so hats off to you sir. Think I must have had mine from a bad batch maybe...

I remember you mentioning this once Deeez.

I had a problem with it once though it sorted itself out with a higher dose, higher brew temp and longer pull - something like 1:3

Live and Let Live

I loved it, I have another kg bag waiting to be opened so I'll post up what that's like once I start on it.

I use 14g in 28g out in about 30 seconds.

Put an ¡¡Common decaf on a cupping today and not a single one pinned it as a decaf

'it's all about the microbubbubbles'

Ordered just now. Will let you know how we get on.

I have found a little description on 'coffee team' web page which describes this decaf as 'Smooth, slightly sweet and fruity'

Is that right @dfk41 ?

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Ordered just now. Will let you know how we get on.

I have found a little description on 'coffee team' web page which describes this decaf as 'Smooth, slightly sweet and fruity'

Is that right @dfk41 ?

That does not sound a million miles away from what my pathetic attempt at describing it would be!

• Like 1

Put an ¡¡Common decaf on a cupping today and not a single one pinned it as a decaf

Will be on the website soon?

Live and Let Live

Will be on the website soon?
Not a scooby I'm afraid. Was bloody good though

'it's all about the microbubbubbles'

I received decaf beans from Tynemouth coffee. September 19 best brew date on mine as well. Will try this evening.

Thanks for the tip off dfk41. I got a kilo delivered 10 days ago and have been using it off and on for a few days now. I'd agree best decaff I've ever had. For me it has a distinct dark treacle/bonfire toffee hint to it, very pleasant. Its good in Aeropress or as espresso or with milk Bonus for me is that for espresso, the grind setting for my usual bean is also the same for this, usually I tend to find decaffs need a finer grind.

Cheers

Russ

Expobar Dual Leva, Aeropress, Mazzer Super Jolly, Mazzer Major, Niche Zero.

Thanks for the tip off dfk41. I got a kilo delivered 10 days ago and have been using it off and on for a few days now. I'd agree best decaff I've ever had. For me it has a distinct dark treacle/bonfire toffee hint to it, very pleasant. Its good in Aeropress or as espresso or with milk Bonus for me is that for espresso, the grind setting for my usual bean is also the same for this, usually I tend to find decaffs need a finer grind.

Cheers

Russ

My pleasure. Not be long before I am back in the saddle myself I hope......the hsiptal shop had a Rijo btc that could make owt......I asked for a Ristretto, then a Machiato and she had both. I settled for a cappuccino with 2 shots, the old wavs volunteer charged me for one.....wnet back to my room, took one sip.......fell asleep and threw it away an hour later!

• Like 1

We really really liked this one too. For me it has some liquorice taste or molasses like and a good body. Very easy to dial too. Will definitely get more. Thanks for the recommendation.

My pleasure. Not be long before I am back in the saddle myself I hope......the hsiptal shop had a Rijo btc that could make owt......I asked for a Ristretto, then a Machiato and she had both. I settled for a cappuccino with 2 shots, the old wavs volunteer charged me for one.....wnet back to my room, took one sip.......fell asleep and threw it away an hour later!

@dfk41 Hope you have a speedy recovery and out of hospital very soon.

Thanks for the recommendation I am always searching for new decaf beans, What kind of roast level are these beans?

@dfk41 Hope you have a speedy recovery and out of hospital very soon.

Thanks for the recommendation I am always searching for new decaf beans, What kind of roast level are these beans?

hi, if it is tynemouth coffee then dark but deffo not burnt......they are no where near as dark as some!

good luck

• Like 1

I've had Coaltown Coffee's Jenkin Jones before and found that to be nice.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Just ordered a kg of Tynemouth coffee, looking forward to trying it, Only really started getting back into coffee the last couple of weeks, I couldn't even look at coffee never mind smell or drink in for the first 4 months of my pregnancy. I even sold my coffee gear, have bought a sage duo temp pro to play with for a while until I upgrade, paired with sage smart grinder, will do for a short while.

Really cant have anything other than decaf for one being pregnant, and 2 flairing crohns disease.

will post back after I have tried it :)

Finally got around to trying these decaf beans from Tynemouth coffee, well all I can say is fantastic decaf, will be buying this one again.

Taste wise the notes flavours I am getting from these beans is chocolate/nutty/hazelnut but would just describe the overall taste note of praline.

Thankyou @dfk41 for the recommendation.