Coffee Forums banner

ECM Barista Tripping... What to do?

747 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ashcroc 
#1 Ā·
Help! I just picked up a 2013 ECM Barista a week ago and upon descaling a bit of water splashed over the machine and dripped down over the boiler. I disassembled quickly and padded it dry as best I could, but now the machine keeps tripping the circuit breakers when the boiler starts to heat up. I'm frantically trying to figure out a remedy because the descale solution is still inside the boiler and I know it shouldn't be in there for more than 30 minutes...

Anyone know how I should proceed in this situation? I'm trying to figure out a way to get the descale solution out of the boiler and I'll eventually take it to be serviced if this keeps up...

#2 Ā·
* Blast the innards with a hairdryer, especially around the boiler element terminals.

* If the splash was descaler solution, you'll need to get rid of any around all the electrical connections : water then meths + small artists paint brush, then hairdryer....

PS Use a plug-in power breaker (Screwfix, B&Q) to minimise tripping the consumer unit' breakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.