Sign in to follow this  
IamOiman

Gaggia Tell/LL 2 Group

Hi all,

Last month I was able to snag a Gaggia Tell 2 group machine for an absolute steal, but part of that deal was given due to a key part missing from the machine: the drip tray. My machine has no tray or grill, and I have been hunting for a possible replacement for a bit now. I am posting here to inquire if anyone has knowledge on where to source a possible replacement. Everything else is present with this machine which is fortunate. I have contacted 10+ vendors at this point including Ascaso and Enrico Maltoni (he can do it but only if I have him restore it for me, which I respect but declined) with no luck. No matter what happens when I begin my restoration I will update the thread as it goes, which will probably begin this summer when I am off from uni.

Cheers!

The ANCC tag id is 107459 and Gaggia id of 81965

Ryan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39557[/ATTACH]

-Ryan

"I'll throw my portafilter in the ring"

2018 Bosco Sorrento, 70's Gaggia Tell 2 Gr, '91 La Pavoni PRG & Elektra MCAL, Olympus 75E, Lido E, Virtuoso, Many Moka Pots, Chemex 8 cup, Siphon 5 Cup, French Press 1L

Yes, but they redirected me to Enrico Maltoni. The closest I have gotten to finding a replacement is espressounderground selling a 1 group version.

-Ryan

2018 Bosco Sorrento, 70's Gaggia Tell 2 Gr, '91 La Pavoni PRG & Elektra MCAL, Olympus 75E, Lido E, Virtuoso, Many Moka Pots, Chemex 8 cup, Siphon 5 Cup, French Press 1L

Take a tape measure & have a look at 2 group Gaggias use in in local cafes, etc. You may find a modern driptray which will fit your machine....

Hi again,

I got the measurements (I am not where the machine currently is so I recruited a family member to do the measuring under video guidance) for the drip tray space, and they are the following:

152.4mm in blue x 617.5375mm in orange

17.145mm lip width in red

The only measurement I am missing is the depth of the tray, and would probably estimate it to be ~15-20mm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39617[/ATTACH]

Cheers!

-Ryan