Hi, so I’m thinking of going second hand as I’m on a limited budget of £250 (will stretch a little further if it’s amazing) I want something that makes the espresso in my gaggia classic in my budget(I’m a novice so all the gear and no idea at the moment anyway)

i have had had a look through the forums and the Mazzers keep coming up I would really appreciate some help whittling down the choices or any new ideas! Apologies for asking a question that I’m sore has been answered 1000 times I’ve already made the mistake of buying wrong once and don’t want to repeat.

Thanks

matt

With that money you are fairly limited but do have a few choices.

I have a mignon specialita & find it to be a great little grinder for the money. I’d imagine they go for about the £280-300 mark used but probably not many coming up as they are not that old.

You can easily get an ex commercial mazzer for that money on eBay/gumtree. The SJ’s & Majors often sell for between £100-300 depending on type & condition but they are a bit bigger & it depends if you want one on your counter.

I have two Mini electronics for sale in the sale section & they are great little grinders for the money, built like tanks. If you use them with a hopper of beans you need to be prepared to either get in with a small brush to get the retained grinds out of the chute (takes about 5 seconds) or just put up with the retention & purge in the morning.

The other option with the mazzers being the rubber lens hood mod that @coffeechap came up with. When single dosing the lens hood acts as a mini hopper/ ‘puffer’, meaning you put a lid on it & give it a few whacks & it clearers the chute out by blowing air through.

Hi,

thanks for your response! I might wait till I get paid then and see if yours are still for sale! Thanks Matt