Sefroniauk

ECM Mechanika Profi IV + bits: £1100 // ECM S-Automatik 64: £350; £1350 for both

I recently got bitten by the upgrade bug so it's time to find a new loving home for these two:

2016 ECM Mechanika Profi IV: £1100

2016 ECM S-Automatik 64 grinder: £350

£1350 if bought together (which would be my preference)

These were bought new from BB in August 2016, so warranty has expired but they've both been good as gold. The machine had Brita tap water for the first year of its life, and has had Ashbeck ever since I moved house to an area with harder water. It's done roughly 2-4 shots a day. It's the rotary pump version and comes with plumb-in kit if you prefer to do that (I've only ever run it off the reservoir).

I've recently replaced the group gasket and fitted a IMS shower screen. I'm also throwing in a single, double and naked PF, ECM convex tamper, ECM tamping station and blind basket (see pics).

I already had a E37S when I bought the machine, but bought the S-Automatik in a package deal with the (ridiculous!) intention to use it as a secondary/decaf grinder which didn't really happen, so it's practically unused.

It's a great combo and it has to be said they make a very handsome pair. Great for someone looking to make a step up e.g. from a Classic or Silvia (as I did).

I don't have any of the original packaging, although probably have the manual and BB documentation somewhere if you need it. I don't want to ship this due to damage risk so collection only please, but I could probably meet you somewhere nearby. I'm based near Maidenhead, Berks.

I can do Paypal/Bank transfer.

Happy to answer any questions. Obviously all sales to be agreed on thread per forum rules.

(I should note I'm a long-time lurker but newbie poster so forum police, please rap me on the knuckles if I've done anything wrong here!)

I forgot to mention that there is a small mark on the top of the group where I once dropped a tamper... it's only about half a cm and purely cosmetic. See pics:

mark2.jpg

mark1.jpg

Hi

Is this still for sale?

Thanks

@Sefroniauk

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Hi @xpresso - sorry for being slow, I was travelling and somehow the emails were going into my junk folder. Yes, still for sale.

Hello S...

My involvement was to give you a wake up call for @brokentechie making an enquiry, how I have multi posting on your thread I can only put down to some issues the site has had of late..

Jon.

@Sefroniauk

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Hi all - resurrecting this now the technical issues with the thread seem to have been sorted out.  

This has been sitting around in our spare room while I've been enjoying my LMLM and my wife is, shall we say, expressing her strong desire that I find it a new home!  

So I will drop the price to £1000 for the pair if someone can take this off my hands.  Happy to answer any Qs.

8 hours ago, Sefroniauk said:

Hi all - resurrecting this now the technical issues with the thread seem to have been sorted out.  

This has been sitting around in our spare room while I've been enjoying my LMLM and my wife is, shall we say, expressing her strong desire that I find it a new home!  

So I will drop the price to £1000 for the pair if someone can take this off my hands.  Happy to answer any Qs.

I can stretch to £800. @Sefroniauk

Thanks. Given I’ve already taken a chunk off, was hoping for something a bit closer to the asking price.  Would you be able to collect? 

16 hours ago, Matt B said:

I can stretch to £800. @Sefroniauk

I am able to collect.

I too am interested, am wondering if you have the original packaging? More for transport purposes, am able to collect but may be moving out the country in the not too distant future.
Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Egglet said:

I too am interested, am wondering if you have the original packaging? More for transport purposes, am able to collect but may be moving out the country in the not too distant future.
Thanks.

Better get an offer in, this is really good value at £1000 let alone thenoffers

• Like 2

AKA Toffee chips

On 10/09/2019 at 12:43, Sefroniauk said:

Hi,
With the gentle push from @coffeechap
Am interested, but I have recently gotten the same grinder as you have, but am willing to offer £700 for the mechanika alone (I do need to travel a bit down south to come pick it up)
I guess i can sort packaging later.. 

Reece

• Like 1

My preference is to sell both together ideally, but would take £900 for the machine (collected - and can include the tampers, baskets etc if you want them).  As I said, I've already taken quite a bit off so not prepared to go much lower than that.  Cheers

• Like 1

Hi, I can offer £300 collected for the grinder and would pay cash on collection 

Thanks

Allen

ECM Heidelberg Barista Espresso Coffee Machine :coffee:

Eureka Mignon grinder

Does this version of the Mechanika use a rotary or vibratory pump?

and so you know about the offer on the grinder  @Sefroniauk

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

1 hour ago, ajohn said:

Does this version of the Mechanika use a rotary or vibratory pump?

and so you know about the offer on the grinder  @Sefroniauk

John

-

It has a rotory pump acording to the data here

https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/brands/ecm-mechanika-iv-profi-wc-wt-stainless-steel.html

Edited by Instant no more !

ECM Heidelberg Barista Espresso Coffee Machine :coffee:

Eureka Mignon grinder

23 minutes ago, Instant no more ! said:

It could be this comment that may have confused me

Due to the increased demand the Mechanika IV Profi is also available with switchover function water tank/ direct water connection (WT-WC). Furthermore, various technical improvements in the model assure even lower noise performance.

and a feeling I had seen vibratory mentioned some where or the other. Re the comment on BB - is it switchable plumbed / tank.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

On 11/03/2019 at 14:07, Sefroniauk said:

These were bought new from BB in August 2016, so warranty has expired but they've both been good as gold. The machine had Brita tap water for the first year of its life, and has had Ashbeck ever since I moved house to an area with harder water. It's done roughly 2-4 shots a day. It's the rotary pump version and comes with plumb-in kit if you prefer to do that (I've only ever run it off the reservoir).

@ajohn Just read the ad... 

Edited by russe11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, russe11 said:

@ajohn Just read the ad... 

Doh - I just looked at the pictures.

Problems for me. I wouldn't want the grinder but do fancy trying a decent HX machine. A trip down the M40 is tolerable.

John

-

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)