ronsil

DE1 (Decent Espresso) Owners in UK

Don't want to muddy the waters on the informative Decent Espresso Thread. I have been looking at the latest incarnation of this Machine. Very interested to know how many UK owners we may have on here.

Seriously considering it as a possibility.

Are there enough owners to start a list?

Edited by ronsil

Ron 

Have pmd ron

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!

I’ve been watching the developments with interest... maybe a replacement for the L1!

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

Me too - an LR is a ludicrous price for such a simple machine. The Decent and the Vesuvius offer so much more for the money

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

Decent will be perfect for you then, incidentally have you tried an LR with a the pressure transducer then?

Love life, love my wife, I’m a great guy!

Decent will be perfect for you then, incidentally have you tried an LR with a the pressure transducer then?

Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up...

What does that do?

Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up...

What does that do?

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?48512-Londinium-digital-preinfusion

Never mind this is a DE1 owners forum thread, so I think we should not ask Londinium questions here.

Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

My DE1+ is due for arrival tomorrow.

Exactly as scheduled by the Company.:good:

Ron 

My DE1+ is due for arrival tomorrow.

Exactly as scheduled by the Company.:good:

Congratulations!

I’m sure you’ll be keeping us appraised of proceedings?

Might be getting one at the end of the year. Reasoning is 80% being a tech geek and loving innovations (I was close to buying a folding smartphone, but £1800 is just taking the pee) and 20% coffee - I will probably end up using a preset 90% of the time.

On my Vesuvius I kept a profile for Family but I always used different,bean suitable, profiles for myself.

Ron 

As I stated elsewhere my DE1+ arrived & was installed yesterday.

Very happy to state a few comments on the machine but for a full considered review go to this link:

https://www.home-barista.com/reviews/decent-espresso-de1-review-t57610.html

First impression of the Machine in the flesh:

1 - Size, amazed how small it is.

2 - Using the same Beans as I last used in the Oracle. Set a basic profile with the simple 3 cup interface. Weighed in 18 gms to the Niche leaving it set as it was.

3 - Levelled ,tamped & locked in the PF.

4 - Touched the middle cup(espresso) & away it went. Lots of clanking & banging but in a good way sounding smooth & controlled.

5 - Waiting for the Skale v2 to arrive so touched the screen again to stop when the weight showed 36gms. Will happen automatically with the awaited Skale.

6 - Smoother,sweeter, deeper flavour than I've ever obtained from my same beans.

7 - Amazing almost perfect shot at the first time of asking carrying over all the variables from as it was in the Oracle.

Good enough to use for family elevenses this morning without changing a thing.

Impressed!

• Like 1

Ron 

Just had a 'flavour bomb' for breakfast. Preset this morning was for an Austraian type Italian espresso.

My strategy with the DE1+ is going to be to work my way through the suitable presets (meaning not those dedicated to lighter roasts) using the same beans with the same roast date, Baytown Boggle Hole.

Only adjusting the Niche as required to meet the Decent preset timings

I want to explore the differences between the pre-sets.

I reckon thats going to take about a week but will get me used to the Machine.

Tell you what it's a very different way of working to what I'm used to over the past 50 years.

Still am not over the small overall size.

Have no intention of experimenting with my own profiles for at least another couple of weeks. Will be interested to see how my old collection of profiles (Vesuvius) workout on the Decent.

BTW - really hoping other Forum Owners join in here. Don't want to make this a personal blog.

Edited by ronsil

Ron 

Sounds like fun and lots of note taking... unless that android pad keeps track of it all for you... enjoy

"I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might just be awake."

Suggest you join the Decent Diaspora community, as well.

Strietman CT1, DE1PRO, EG-1 v2, HG-1, Kinu M47, Baratza Vario brew, Lido E, RB 58.5, Reneka Micro Sieve, VST

How much are they in £ ?

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

How much are they in £ ?
If you go to their web site the price should appear in the local currency. Edited by Bolta

Strietman CT1, DE1PRO, EG-1 v2, HG-1, Kinu M47, Baratza Vario brew, Lido E, RB 58.5, Reneka Micro Sieve, VST

I think same price as the Vesuvius $4000 one of them

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

DE1+ is about £1915. But don't know how much is shipping and import taxes on top of that. Would like to know actually from one of the recent owners.

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV and Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 18gr & 22gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

You'll find the detail on the Decent Espresso website.

Ron 

Ok. £2,402.96 with shipping and taxes. You have to go to basket and select the country for tax and it changes to £.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Ok. £2,402.96 with shipping and taxes. You have to go to basket and select the country for tax and it changes to £.

Do we know how they're making that work? I read something about them claiming the machine itself is £500 and then the software which they ship separately (via email) is £1500? Has anyone had any issues with that or did it all work out okay?

Purchaed at listed price but created a reserve fund for an additional 28% just in case.

Suggest discussion re cost of Machine should be directed to John's thread on here 'Decent Espresso'.

If you go back earlier on that thread you will see there has already been a lot of discussioin about it

Ron