AlexCoffee

ECM Elektronika with tp-link hs110?

I just wondered if I'm ok to use the tp-link hs110 smart plug with my new ECM Elektronika?

I've heard people using it with this kind of coffee machine but the leaflet with it says it can handle coffee machines up to 800watts.

Then I read it's the current that matters and to figure out the current divide the wattage by 120. So for the Elektronika I believe the wattage is 1400 watts. So that's around 12 amps, which should be fine but the 800 watts in the leaflet worried me.

So I'm confused.

Obviously I don't want to cause a fire or damage the new machine. Can anyone advise?

Posted (edited)
I just wondered if I'm ok to use the tp-link hs110 smart plug with my new ECM Elektronika?

I've heard people using it with this kind of coffee machine but the leaflet with it says it can handle coffee machines up to 800watts.

Then I read it's the current that matters and to figure out the current divide the wattage by 120. So for the Elektronika I believe the wattage is 1400 watts. So that's around 12 amps, which should be fine but the 800 watts in the leaflet worried me.

So I'm confused.

Obviously I don't want to cause a fire or damage the new machine. Can anyone advise?

Watts = current x voltage

In the uk, the voltage is 240. Therefore, if your plug supports 13amp, it will take up to 3,120 watts.

When I used one of those (can’t remember the exact model), it was a uk version and they were rated at 13amp. I liked it and had no problems for the almost 2 years I had it.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Also, on the synchronika you can have boilers working in parallel or alternating. In parallel, the machine can take a load of 2.8kw at one time if they both are on (e.g: when heating up).

Thanks a lot. I wonder why it says 800 watts on the leaflet.

Anyway that's helped reassure me. I appreciate it.

Thanks a lot. I wonder why it says 800 watts on the leaflet.

Anyway that's helped reassure me. I appreciate it.

I suspect all these Wi Fi switches are very much the same across the board, I have used 'Lightwave' units for quite a few years and on my Synchronika for 12 months without any issues and for 'Lightwave' also read 'Siemens', apart from the colour they are exactly the same.

The 800 watts is confusing !.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Be careful from your post you are in the USA, it's quite possible that switch can only handle 800W...and in the UK almost an identical design (in the areas that matters), would be able to handle 1600W but only because our voltage is higher. So someone stating that it works in the UK at 240V does NOT mean it's going to work in a 120V country. The manufacturer put 800W for a reason.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

If the person is in the U.S of A. and the only suggestion of that is 120, I wish people would add their location, also their equipment would help, well spotted 'D'.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Thanks for your help.

I'm in the UK. The 120 I referred to was something I read on Reddit. I didn't click that it referred to volts until now! Embarrassing.

New here so I just updated my profile with location and equipment.

Thanks again