RobW

Compak E8 OD Grinder with Red Speed Burrs - nearly new

I bought this grinder in September 2018 from Bella Barista, comes with their transferable warranty. This is the version with polished aluminium finish and the 3 dose interface. Comes with the excellent 83mm red speed burrs for lower retention, less friction as well as extended life. I have put 18kg through it according to the counter and these burrs are rated for 3000kg. It has the cupping hopper which holds about 300g. In excellent condition with just some wear from normal use on the portafilter holder.

Bought for £1490, l am selling for £1200. I am based in Oxford and would prefer to sort collection rather than postage but I do have all the original packaging and could post as buyer's risk.

Selling because I managed to get my hands on a Kafatek MC3.

IMG_0507.jpg

Londinium R, Kafatek MC3, Compak E8 red speed (for sale)

Cracking grinder. Love mine

Glwts

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Cracking grinder. Love mine

Glwts

Too right it is - I really want to keep it so I have a flat and a conical but my better half has put her foot down and said she does not want to live in a coffee shop!

Too right it is - I really want to keep it so I have a flat and a conical but my better half has put her foot down and said she does not want to live in a coffee shop!

You can download divorce papers I think

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

I let this drop down the for sale pages for a while because I wasn't sure if I really wanted to pat with it. I've finally decided I am being silly to have two grinders on the go so dropping the price to £1000. Inserting some more pictures as the forum move seems to have lost the originals.

IMG_0507.jpg

Hi,

I am in Oxford and interested in the grinder.

Do you have an idea about the retention?

Thank you 

On 30/05/2019 at 12:18, domoo3 said:

Hi,

Thank you 

@RobW

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

On 30/05/2019 at 12:18, domoo3 said:

Hi,

Thank you 

Sorry @domoo3 - notifications don't seem to be working on the updated forum so just seen this when @xpresso mentioned me.

The retention is pretty good. I use the first setting set to 2 seconds for purging and that is good. The red speed burrs are supposed to reduce retention from what I have read.

If you are in Oxford then you are welcome to come around and try it out.

Price drop to £1000

I can offer £800 for this but obviously thats somewhat under what you are after for it.

2 hours ago, mctrials23 said:

I can offer £800 for this but obviously thats somewhat under what you are after for it.

If you are happy to collect from Oxford then I will accept that price.

Just now, RobW said:

If you are happy to collect from Oxford then I will accept that price.

@mctrials23

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Do you have any idea how much postage would be? I am happy to pay postage obviously and I could come and collect but its the best part of a 4 hour round trip up to Oxford to collect so postage would be preferred.

1 hour ago, mctrials23 said:

Do you have any idea how much postage would be? I am happy to pay postage obviously and I could come and collect but its the best part of a 4 hour round trip up to Oxford to collect so postage would be preferred.

I have the original box and packaging and can post, but that would be at your risk, so the cost would be dependent on what service you wanted to use. There are some services around £20 but they do not offer much compensation if the grinder is damaged. If you add in decent compensation a tank of fuel would probably be cheaper but I am happy to go with whatever service you trust.

Alternatively whereabouts are you based? Maybe we could sort out meeting halfway or something? 

• Like 1

I’m based in Tunbridge Wells these days and I would be happy to meet somewhere a little closer.

@RobW, I am about during the day most days and I am available this weekend to meet up. Any suggestions where? Perhaps the beautiful Slough?

I work in Newbury, so if you wanted to meet during the day there that would work.

I am passing Beaconsfield on Sunday, could probably meet you at the services on the M40 mid morning. Pretty much the same journey time as Slough.

Happy to go with £800 for either of those options.

If those don't work, I am still happy to post if you accept the risk or go for an appropriate service to cover the value.

Let me know

Great. I'll confirm about the time later today. I would expect something late morning.

I think that more or less counts as sold, so let's take the arrangements for meeting and payment to PM.

Thanks!

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)