I was surprised nobody mentioned Pannarello? I discovered this is the design of the Delonghi frother I tried with a stainless 6-10mm DIY thread adapter I made from stainless using taps, dies and tube. An expert in fluid mechanics could explain why this design is so good at producing micro foam easily from small milk volumes every time? In fact, you can create microfoam like a soufle which stays in the cup for 10 minutes +.

The trick with Pannarello tips is drawing air down the outer sleeve. Not only does this introduce air without any special angles, technique or milk rolling, but the air cools the steam as it enters the milk. This means you do not get a high volume high temperature steam jet entering the milk, bouncing off the bottom of a small pitcher and heating the milk too fast before it gets enough foam. The Pannarello tip takes longer to froth - about 40 seconds. The Delonghi tip I tried has a sliding air shut off and the trick is to cut off air at about 50 deg.C when there is sufficient foam and continue steam heating to the final temperature.

This answers my question to my problem - Plenty of perfect milk frothing every time using a Pannerello frothing tip, even with different milk. The best for me so far is Asda own brand full cream.:D

I was surprised nobody mentioned Pannarello? I discovered this is the design of the Delonghi frother I tried with a stainless 6-10mm DIY thread adapter I made from stainless using taps, dies and tube. An expert in fluid mechanics could explain why this design is so good at producing micro foam easily from small milk volumes every time? In fact, you can create microfoam like a soufle which stays in the cup for 10 minutes +.

The trick with Pannarello tips is drawing air down the outer sleeve. Not only does this introduce air without any special angles, technique or milk rolling, but the air cools the steam as it enters the milk. This means you do not get a high volume high temperature steam jet entering the milk, bouncing off the bottom of a small pitcher and heating the milk too fast before it gets enough foam. The Pannarello tip takes longer to froth - about 40 seconds. The Delonghi tip I tried has a sliding air shut off and the trick is to cut off air at about 50 deg.C when there is sufficient foam and continue steam heating to the final temperature.

This answers my question to my problem - Plenty of perfect milk frothing every time using a Pannerello frothing tip, even with different milk. The best for me so far is Asda own brand full cream.:D

I found the pannarello that came with my tebe quite difficult (impossible even) to produce anything finer than capuchino bubbles. While the V1/2 silvia wand I replaced it with (single hole tip) takes more skill to use, it produces better results more often than not once you have the hang of it. It's also far easier to keep clean.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Post a pic of the milk jug you are using?

In my experience - doing such a small amount of milk in a wide jug wont give it the depth it needs.

Fracino also make 2 hole nozzles if you wanted to try rather than butcher a steam arm.

Its all about experience and what works for you wont be exactly the same as others.

Wouldnt try increasing pressure in the boiler as the safety valve blows between 1.6 and 1.8 bar.

And if you fancied a change - Fracino now do cool touch steam arms..... Just throwing it out there lol