Sign in to follow this  
nightslayer

Anyone knows what steam heads fit a circa 2004 little gem?

Have gotten fed up with my steamer either over frothing my milk or not incorporating the air sufficiently. I can get whirlpools so powerful the milk threatens to come out the jug; I can go for standing turbulence in the milk; I told myself it was user error, but I’ve never had issue with my far less powerful one steam hole Gaggia, nor when I tried my friend’s GS3 which is equally as powerful and (I think) also uses a four hole tip - milk came out silky smooth.

I know it’s silly to compare a little gem to a GS3, but I don’t see how the steam for a 4l boiler into one flat white will be any different between the two machines save for the tip, so here I am. Anyone bought replacement tips for Fracino machines before/anyone knows if their steam heads are all standardly-sized? The tip design is a female thread on the tip and male on the wand.

Steam tips are not all a standard thread/ size. Some tips are interchangeable , there is a list somewhere on the forum with suitable cross matches.

I only use the 4 hole tip on my Heavenly when I'm steaming a very large jug of milk, otherwise it's too powerful to control (certainly for a small jug). I prefer the 2 hole as it steams at a speed more suited to my limited barista skills.

Fracino Heavenly, Eureka Mignon Specialita 16CR, Gaggia MDF, Espro 58mm Tamper, Bialetti, Aeropress, Oomph, V60, French Press, Puck Puck cold brew widget, Pinarello bikes!

I think that they are all standard size btw, but it would be better to check with Fracino than trust me.

Fracino Heavenly, Eureka Mignon Specialita 16CR, Gaggia MDF, Espro 58mm Tamper, Bialetti, Aeropress, Oomph, V60, French Press, Puck Puck cold brew widget, Pinarello bikes!