Boilbrew

Greetings from the Inventor of Boilbrew !

Just looking at the design - are you expected to brew whilst its lying on its side? I think a stopper would be a great idea especially if you cold-brew. Whilst I might not mind it, my partner isn't keen on the smell of coffee (i'd imagine the Chicken in the fridge also wouldn't like the smell). One thing I can see is finding a mat to put it on whilst brewing would a standard mat fit or could you integrate a silicone base? Some worktops or tables may not be able to cope with heat and warp with 95 degree celcius coffee in it, or is heat transfer not an issue? Would there be an ability to make a vacuum double-walled derivative that would be rid of all these issues (if they are even issues)? How difficult is it to pour the liquid out whilst holding on the (relatively) thin handle? Being bottom heavy I could imagine a few issues regarding pour speed. Ergonomically I'm unsure of its ability to fit in a fridge - @18cm tall (also a 12cm footprint is quite large). I can see this doing quite well provided it is well thought out and easy (easier) to clean than a french press. Would definitely be interested in giving it a whirl and providing a review on it as dfk has suggested. edit: @Boilbrew

[quote name='Cooffe']One thing I can see is finding a mat to put it on whilst brewing would a standard mat fit or could you integrate a silicone base? Some worktops or tables may not be able to cope with heat and warp with 95 degree celcius coffee in it, or is heat transfer not an issue? Would there be an ability to make a vacuum double-walled derivative that would be rid of all these issues (if they are even issues)? How difficult is it to pour the liquid out whilst holding on the (relatively) thin handle? Being bottom heavy I could imagine a few issues regarding pour speed. edit: @Boilbrew[/QUOTE] Surely people who enjoy hot drinks already deal with having hot vessels on worktops & tables, every time they have a cup of tea/coffee?

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

[quote name='dfk41']@Boilbrew I like the simplicity of this, bt one question. How successful is this method to ensure that no sediment gets into the cup?[/QUOTE] Close to perfect. Let the grounds soak and settle, and pour the coffee slowly. You will be able to see the grounds and how they eventually stick to the inside of the brewing flask. I have acouple pictures and a video on it on our Instagram page. If you search Boilbrew on YouTube, you will also find two videos we made. A comment from our first video, resulted in the creating of the second video. Check out the comments of both videos for an unbiased answer ! ;)

How about a stopper/lid - in case I want a longer steep, or pour 1 cup & leave it while I wait for a second cup?

Yes I think a stopper/lid is a good idea ! As we are a small start-up, we had to focus our resources on the most important parts of the brewing flask, following a lean startup strategy. ;)

Surely people who enjoy hot drinks already deal with having hot vessels on worktops & tables, every time they have a cup of tea/coffee?

Sure they do - but wouldn't it be much easier to have to let people not worry about it? If you look at french presses, more often than not they are not always contacting the table direct with a heat source (such as Bodum for example). Either that or they are normally double walled to retain heat, and prevent heat transfer.

I'm not trying to belittle the design - merely invoke ideas that may make it easier for the lazier people in the world that don't want to have to worry about these sorts of things.

Surely people who enjoy hot drinks already deal with having hot vessels on worktops & tables, every time they have a cup of tea/coffee?
I use one of these for hot pans etc. Sure it'd be fine for a coffee pot.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

and also, what recipe do you suggest ie grind type, dose

I am sketch out the outline of how to go about to create a good Boilbrew recipe list with different types of coffee, grind sizes, coffee/water ratio, and brewing time.

Me personally use Boilbrew every day, and I prefer a medium to fine grind, with a ratio of about 1:30 (15g coffee/460ml water), which might seem very weak, but adding patience, I brew it for about 7minutes+/-, and the result is a good, strong cup of black coffee. I don't usually (never), put milk in the coffee, but if you do, you might want to increase the ratio a bit.

[quote name='coffeechap']@Boilbrew can you please tell me the difference between your flask and the ones on eBay as on face value it appears you have merely taken an already existing item, added anlogo and small piece of neoprene! And then doubled the price[/QUOTE] Thank you for the question. As a new startup, I think it's important to be transparent, and listen to people around me, to continuously improve Boilbrew. Similarly to how French Press was inspired by a beaker, the design of Boilbrew have taken inspiration of the florence flask, alongside inspiration from the process of brewing with French Press and traditional Norwegian Kokekaffee (steeped coffee). The glassware is very robust, and the grip makes it a functional coffee brewing flask. The high quality argues this will be a one time purchase for a product you will hopefully get lots of value from, and enjoyment on daily basis. We only have a design patent on our Brewing Flask, since the brewing process (coffee+hot water) is possible to do with any flask or beaker on the market. :)

I'm going to trial a 500ml eBay pre production example before investing in the genuine article or I could just get a few hand blown in Milano glass, add a nice hardwood stand and price them for the luxury end of the market.

Joking aside good luck with the venture but you need to make the product more tailored such as a stand

Haha yea the rich and famous need coffee as much as us mortals xD Hope to include a variety of useful add-ons, improving aesthetic and new functions for more brewing options ! Thank for your wishes ! Much appreciated ! ;D

When I first saw it I was reminded of this Red Dwarf episode.

Red_dwarf_timeslides_scene_with_tension_sheet.jpg

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I was reminded of this episode

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39461[/ATTACH]

keep calm and grind flat

I am sketch out the outline of how to go about to create a good Boilbrew recipe list with different types of coffee, grind sizes, coffee/water ratio, and brewing time.

Me personally use Boilbrew every day, and I prefer a medium to fine grind, with a ratio of about 1:30 (15g coffee/460ml water), which might seem very weak, but adding patience, I brew it for about 7minutes+/-, and the result is a good, strong cup of black coffee. I don't usually (never), put milk in the coffee, but if you do, you might want to increase the ratio a bit.

It's still weak, you might love it & that's great, but brewing for 7 hours won't make a 1:30 cup as strong as a 1:16 cup.

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

Are you using proper dark coffee then? As others have said, brew time or or grind size aint gonna make that as "strong" as a 1:16 brew.

You like it all well and good, but you are an outlier in where filter, french press coffee is normally enjoyed.

If you push that recipe to people other than using uber uber dark coffee i think they may well be disappointed (even uber dark coffee aint gonna change the "strength" it may just get little but more extraction from it )

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram

rjw_inc

I was reminded of this episode

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39461[/ATTACH]

Hahaha Breaking Bad is amazing ! ;D

Are you using proper dark coffee then? As others have said, brew time or or grind size aint gonna make that as "strong" as a 1:16 brew.

You like it all well and good, but you are an outlier in where filter, french press coffee is normally enjoyed.

If you push that recipe to people other than using uber uber dark coffee i think they may well be disappointed (even uber dark coffee aint gonna change the "strength" it may just get little but more extraction from it )

Yes I agree, me telling you guys about my own product doesn't sound like an convincing strategy ! We are currently addressing this, based on a couple great suggestions we received here earlier. :)

I'm pleased to advise that contact has been made - thanks @Boilbrew

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements