Boilbrew

Greetings from the Inventor of Boilbrew !

Hi guys !

I've been living in London for a couple of years now and love it ! I came across this forum a couple days ago, and it seems like an awesome forum. I've been looking for a place like this, where I can engage with like minded coffee lovers, so I am really looking forward to check out more of the forum and the people within it !

Boilbrew offer a new and innovative Brewing Flask for coffee, inspired by the traditional French Press, and Norwegian Kokekaffe (steeped coffee). The concept is minimalistic, but engaging, giving you full control over your own brew. We launched late January 2019 (1 month ago!), and for now, we have been building up our instagram.com/boilbrew through trial and error, alongside our Amazon UK listing. I am here to answer any and all questions about brewing coffee with Boilbrew. In addition, I hope to meet new cool people to share my passion with !

Any manual coffee brewer launching tips, I'm all ears ! xD

What is the best way to make coffee ?

Cheers,

Patrick Heiberg

Greetings, and welcome to the forum :)

You should consider an advertising banner here on the forum. Should help boost sales!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

So its a glass flask with that uses the shape to keep the coffee grounds from pouring out, or am I missing something

keep calm and grind flat

So its a glass flask with that uses the shape to keep the coffee grounds from pouring out, or am I missing something

I used to use them in Chemistry, without the little silicone collar around the glass. We used to call them Florence flasks (lovely name) they are flat bottom round flasks, usually they were made of Borosilicate glass. There are other quite attractive shapes for lab glassware that would probably work as well.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I used to use them in Chemistry, without the little silicone collar around the glass. We used to call them Florence flasks (lovely name) they are flat bottom round flasks, usually they were made of Borosilicate glass. There are other quite attractive shapes for lab glassware that would probably work as well.
Ahh yes I can see them on fleabay for about £7

keep calm and grind flat

Ahh yes I can see them on fleabay for about £7

In fairness the fleabay ones don't have the partial silicone condom around the top or the rather attractive lettering, some the key differences in the new and innovative invention. I was really pleased when Patrick from Boilbrew joined to meet new cool people like us....because let's face it...we are cool ;)

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Posted (edited)

I can see you have a couple of suggested brewing recipes for coffee on your instagram.

I would be looking at making the process as indiot proof as possible for people. So suggestions are .

How long are you leaving the coffee to brew for.

Can it be used with pre ground coffee from the supermarket, if so I'd experiment with a brew time and recipe for that ( it's ground alot finer )

If people are grinding their coffee themselves a rough guide as to the size of grind ( as this will effect brewing time )

I suppose id be looking for this to deliver a of cupping / drink type experience (others may view it as faff free french press )

I see the recipe you are recommending is 15g coffee to 460ml of water, a ratio of 1:30 which is pretty weak , for filter or cupping which normally works at a round a ratio of 1:16 coffee to water so in your example for a full brew of two cups I'd be looking at using near 28-30g of coffee.

Good luck with the product

Edited by Mrboots2u

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram

rjw_inc

@Boilbrew Hey Patrick, welcome to the forum. Check your protective armour is in place, as you will get flack and leg pulling in amongst the odd bit of encouragement. Whether it is a simple idea or not is irrelevant. many years ago, Iw as at an artists house and he had taken a couple of thousand matches, struck them and let them burn for different amounts before arranging them in a pattern and framing it. I said, yes, but I could have done that. he retorted, yes, but you did not. This is a large vibrant forum. I would have a word with Glenn about advertising. I would then offer say a dozen people (my name at the top of the list) the chance to buy one of these at a bargain price, then review it. The catch is you cannot alter the review or comments. if it is good, it will reflect back and be worth a lot of kudos to you

 You did not get me this time 

Makes you wonder though, why on the website they are @29.99 delivered, but on Amazon Prime, £20.99......could be a bargain?

[quote name='CONA Factory']I rather like your idea. Let me - as manufacturer of a another minimalistic design, the Cona D-Genius - reduce your 'say dozen' to 3. First one to claim one on my profile gets one for £ 50, Second one £ 75, Third one £ 100. Each plus £ 10 for delivery inside UK. Next ones to follow may say yes to our normal going-price of £ 199. First 3 may upload a favourable review or do nothing. Do nothing if its (liquid) junkfood you want, then you'd best stop at a popular fast-food restaurant.[/QUOTE] It’s a nice idea. Maybe run it past forum owner @Glenn. I’d prefer it to be transparent, visible on your thread, personally.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Yes works really great ;)

True ! Used in labs, so it makes for a perfect coffee maker tool ;)

@Boilbrew I like the simplicity of this, bt one question. How successful is this method to ensure that no sediment gets into the cup?

In fairness the fleabay ones don't have the partial silicone condom around the top or the rather attractive lettering, some the key differences in the new and innovative invention. I was really pleased when Patrick from Boilbrew joined to meet new cool people like us....because let's face it...we are cool ;)

Hahaha well, similar to a condom, the silicone rubber grip makes a big difference ! ;)

and also, what recipe do you suggest ie grind type, dose

I can see you have a couple of suggested brewing recipes for coffee on your instagram.

I would be looking at making the process as indiot proof as possible for people. So suggestions are .

How long are you leaving the coffee to brew for.

Can it be used with pre ground coffee from the supermarket, if so I'd experiment with a brew time and recipe for that ( it's ground alot finer )

If people are grinding their coffee themselves a rough guide as to the size of grind ( as this will effect brewing time )

I suppose id be looking for this to deliver a of cupping / drink type experience (others may view it as faff free french press )

I see the recipe you are recommending is 15g coffee to 460ml of water, a ratio of 1:30 which is pretty weak , for filter or cupping which normally works at a round a ratio of 1:16 coffee to water so in your example for a full brew of two cups I'd be looking at using near 28-30g of coffee.

Good luck with the product

Hey ! Really appreciate your suggestions ! I love the idea of being about to provide a whole range of brewing recipes ! Definitely something I will make sure sure ! :)

[quote name='dfk41']@Boilbrew Hey Patrick, welcome to the forum. Check your protective armour is in place, as you will get flack and leg pulling in amongst the odd bit of encouragement. Whether it is a simple idea or not is irrelevant. many years ago, Iw as at an artists house and he had taken a couple of thousand matches, struck them and let them burn for different amounts before arranging them in a pattern and framing it. I said, yes, but I could have done that. he retorted, yes, but you did not. This is a large vibrant forum. I would have a word with Glenn about advertising. I would then offer say a dozen people (my name at the top of the list) the chance to buy one of these at a bargain price, then review it. The catch is you cannot alter the review or comments. if it is good, it will reflect back and be worth a lot of kudos to you[/QUOTE] Hi dfk41 ! Thank you for your words of wisdom ! Love your story, and I think it holds a very good point. Exposing yourself with something yu believe in, will always be subject to good and bad, but it's just part of life and being humans. I will reach out to Glenn about the possibilities for advertising. I am also putting down your name, since I really like your idea about offering a bargain to let people test out and give feedback on it ! Give me a couple days to organise something after I've had the change to reach out to Glenn ! Cool you took the time to share the story and some great suggestions ! xD

Makes you wonder though, why on the website they are @29.99 delivered, but on Amazon Prime, £20.99......could be a bargain?

We offer free worldwide shipping from boilbrew.com for a price of £29.90. Due to that fact it's a new product from an unknown company in a super competitive market at Amazon, we decided to reduce the price to £20.99 for now. For UK customers I suggest to buy it from Amazon.co.uk/boilbrew since it is a lot cheaper. We also offer the product to more than 80 countries through amazon.co.uk, but depending on the delivery address, Amazon shipping rates might be way too much, so if the total Amazon price is more than £29.90, I suggest buying it from our webpage for the best deal !

@Boilbrew can you please tell me the difference between your flask and the ones on eBay as on face value it appears you have merely taken an already existing item, added anlogo and small piece of neoprene! And then doubled the price

AKA Toffee chips

[quote name='coffeechap']@Boilbrew can you please tell me the difference between your flask and the ones on eBay as on face value it appears you have merely taken an already existing item, added anlogo and small piece of neoprene! And then doubled the price[/QUOTE] and what's wrong with that? I think it is a superb looking product and wish him all the best

I'm going to trial a 500ml eBay pre production example before investing in the genuine article or I could just get a few hand blown in Milano glass, add a nice hardwood stand and price them for the luxury end of the market.

Joking aside good luck with the venture but you need to make the product more tailored such as a stand

keep calm and grind flat