That work well for me. I’ve still got a bag of beans to get though

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Info on brewing from their head barista.

The [Censored] on filter will taste great from around the 3 day mark and really start opening up once you hit 7 days rested.

The [Censored] on Espresso takes a little longer to open up, I would normally rest this coffee for around 2 weeks and it will become more stable.

For espresso I would run this espresso out a little longer and go for a recipe of:

16g - Does

40g - Yield

34 Second - Contact Time

2 weeks? oooooh noes.

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II // Macap MXD //

I'm finding this needs grinding very fine for espresso and starts off extracting smoothly then becomes fast and turbulent. I'm sure there's better to come but I'm getting sweetness and complexity.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Just opened packet 1 and made a quick filter brew (200g water - 12g beans) and despite having a stinker of a cold have to say this was very tasty. Brown Sugar sweetness for me at the moment but that could just be because the cold is muting my taste buds a bit. Maybe a bit of a Caramac vibe going on?

Mr LSOL - October offering here -> Clicky <-

Just opened packet 1 and made a quick filter brew (200g water - 12g beans) and despite having a stinker of a cold have to say this was very tasty. Brown Sugar sweetness for me at the moment but that could just be because the cold is muting my taste buds a bit. Maybe a bit of a Caramac vibe going on?
Know what you mean about the caramac. I was thinking butter toffee with a pleasant hoppiness. Only tried v60. Not added milk yet...

I got a mega citrus hit this morning

I got a mega citrus hit this morning

I was going to say this. Thought I was going wrong, because I'm not getting this caramac, just a big old hit of citrus!

I'm enjoying this coffee very much. I'm about a third of a kilo in. However, this morning I experienced the dreaded potato defect. The classic strong starchy smell from the grinds told me not to brew it. Anyone else had this?

P.S. I'm guessing Rwandan

First pour over - need to back off the grind to bring down the extraction yield. Gentle peach acidity coming through.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

I had a couple of espressos yesterday, 15g in, 35 out, not particularly pleasant, over acidic, and no other flavours to balance it. Today I used my Feld2 instead of my electric grinder, 22 in, 50 out, WOW! An amazing cup, citrus and a softer sugary backbone to balance things out.

Had a couple of espressos so far, they were OK at 2:1. Might try running them longer next time.

Aeropress today was extremely peachy, almost like that peach flavoured iced tea you can buy in the shops.....

I'm definitely enjoying this coffee a lot and been getting notes of citrus, peaches/apricots and maybe redcurrants. At the moment I'd guess its a washed process coffee maybe from Africa like Burundi or Rwanda.

Anyone tried this as spro yet? Be interested to see how that citrus hit comes across in spro.

In other news, I've just chosen next month's coffee and it's an absolute banger! Much excite

Delicate acidity coming through in ekspresso - peachy/grapefruit. Decent amount of mouthfeel too.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Been pulling some espressos with it. Still early days as 1:2.5 in 31s was over extracted. Backed off the grind setting a bit and it was lovely. IMHO 1:3 didn’t work out well yet. Lots of red berries (redcurrant?), Maoam Pinballs acidity and some sweetness. I think I can get more sweetness out of it.

I haven’t had Kenyan on EK/LR, but my gut feeling is it is indeed washed Kenyan.

Been pulling some espressos with it. Still early days as 1:2.5 in 31s was over extracted. Backed off the grind setting a bit and it was lovely. IMHO 1:3 didn’t work out well yet. Lots of red berries (redcurrant?), Maoam Pinballs acidity and some sweetness. I think I can get more sweetness out of it.

I haven’t had Kenyan on EK/LR, but my gut feeling is it is indeed washed Kenyan.

Not a Kenyan

Finding espresso tasty, sweet, low acidity. It’s getting very nice.

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

V60 very pleasing...smells incredible quite complex, defo some Peach and then perhaps something more spice like going on.

Beans seem pretty consistently tiny....so clearly in my mind this couldn't be anything else other than Burundi Peaberry**

** based on extensive previous sampling from this region (1 x 250g pack 18 months ago).

Just got into this one today. First shot was way too slow.

Initially hints of cloves and cocoa with a touch of acidity. Very juicy when cooling

Will post more thoughts when I get the grind closer

a grinder a lever and some beans

Finally opened this yesterday (away for a few days and a bit of a backlog after an Extract Home Barista course!).

Getting a bit of acidity through as V60, but only fairly gentle (can't decide if citrus or something else, but at least i seem to be on track!), but need a few more goes to explore this.

certainly enjoyable, so looking forward to the rest of the bags.

V60 - Sage DTP - Sette 270 - Feldgrind

Made a filter at my other half's and she said it smelt grassy :confused:

Made a large (22g input) large latté in my travel mug for my trip to work and I thought it was nice and fruity

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Reveal coming tomorrow (or Sunday at the latest) :D

Peachy at 50g per litre in the moccamaster using Melitta filter, bwt water and mid metal filter setting on the R120. Very pleasant and even Sarah likes this one so must rule out it being an Ethiopian :) Reminds me of something have had before, a Nicaraguan maybe?

Not tried as espresso yet

Thanks all for organising, 1 bag down 1 to go

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

It’s my first real try of these bean today as espresso. There may have been a slight mix of by previous beans but first try is really nice.

I’m getting the tropical peach, but also elements of balanced sourness funk. A bit of choc and nuts too. If I had to guess just on this I’d go for a Central American bean that’s natural process. I’m guessing El Salvador

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

It tamed down so much after opening! No more funkiness and acidity which I still enjoyed. I can see why peach has been mentioned.