IGNORED

Ceado E37s V2 - 10 months old. Mint Condition £750 ONO

Hi everyone,

Here I am listing my 10 month old Ceado E37S V2 Grinder (metal exit chute = zero clumping). This is an amazing grinder, capable of producing ~18g ground for espresso in less than 5 seconds.

Price reduced to £725! Amazing price for this age and condition of grinder, but I'm looking for a quick sale as I need the money.

It is a commercial grade grinder with 83mm burrs, and I have made approx. 1-2 espresso's per day since owning it in a domestic setting, so the burrs and the grinder as a whole are immaculate. I am the second owner. The first owner also used it in a domestic setting, so this grinder has never seen commercial use and therefore the shot count is very modest. Happy to send more pics or videos if requested. It is fitted with a UK plug.

This machine has practically unbeatable grind retention (

I am based in Leeds, so happy to demo the machine working, and happy to drive to meet halfway if preferred. I'd be hesitant to post as it's very heavy at ~12kg, but if that's the only option then the buyer would need to arrange insurance and courier, and I will package up as well as possible.

Any questions, just let me know. Thanks!

IMG-20190225-122217

IMG-20190225-121947

IMG-20190225-121931

IMG-20190225-121347

Edited by supersoup
Reducing asking price

The listing is cut short for some reason, so the rest will be added below. Thanks!

IMG-20190225-122217

IMG-20190225-121947

IMG-20190225-121931

IMG-20190225-121347

I am based in Leeds, so happy to demo the machine working, and happy to drive to meet halfway if preferred. I'd be hesitant to post as it's very heavy at ~12kg, but if that's the only option then the buyer would need to arrange insurance and courier, and I will package up as well as possible.

Any questions, just let me know. Thanks!

@ATZ have a look at DaveC's review of it, it goes into good detail. When single dosing the E8 I saw a similar retention figure (as in just the dust on the burrs) but I only ran it with a weight on the beans as it really improved consistency, this brought retention up to about 4-5g including the partially broken beans above the burrs. I used to just discard about 3g in the morning and 1g in the afternoon for the second shot. I never did try mixing the grinds when single dosing before transferring to a PF, maybe that would have helped. However you use the grind retention is very low.

Thanks for this, Rob1. I haven't personally noticed grind retention of that scale within the machine since adjusting the positioning of the metal exit chute (as suggested by Ceado). I'm guessing the E8 has the same internals with the exception of the motor?

@ATZ have a look at DaveC's review of it, it goes into good detail. When single dosing the E8 I saw a similar retention figure (as in just the dust on the burrs) but I only ran it with a weight on the beans as it really improved consistency, this brought retention up to about 4-5g including the partially broken beans above the burrs. I used to just discard about 3g in the morning and 1g in the afternoon for the second shot. I never did try mixing the grinds when single dosing before transferring to a PF, maybe that would have helped. However you use the grind retention is very low.

Don't know about the differences between E37S and E37S V2 but the Ceado grinders don't have separate burr housing to the motors, it's one big unit. The E8 is the doser model of the E37S and has nothing to block the grinds from the exit chute so retention is as low as it can get. I weighed the partially crushed beans above the burrs as 3-5g and the powder in the chamber and on the burrs as 1-2g (from memory. It is probably recorded somewhere on this forum). The majority of the partially crushed beans had just been nibbled with only a few that were split into a few pieces hence why I only threw away about 3g. Not sure how you're measuring retention but I thought you were only using it single dosing which should bring retention down to practically nothing.

Okay, I see what you mean. What I meant (about the motor difference) is that the E8 has a 740w motor, and the E37S has a 500w motor, but otherwise the burr housing is the same. At least from what I can see online.

Oh sorry, I understand what you mean now. I thought you were talking about single dosing and getting nibbled beans. I usually don't singe dose, in which case I'm sure the results would be the same as yours, but I agree the retention is extremely low when single dosing. I used the same method for checking retention as in the grind retention wholelattelove video (although slightly lazier if I'm honest!)

Don't know about the differences between E37S and E37S V2 but the Ceado grinders don't have separate burr housing to the motors, it's one big unit. The E8 is the doser model of the E37S and has nothing to block the grinds from the exit chute so retention is as low as it can get. I weighed the partially crushed beans above the burrs as 3-5g and the powder in the chamber and on the burrs as 1-2g (from memory. It is probably recorded somewhere on this forum). The majority of the partially crushed beans had just been nibbled with only a few that were split into a few pieces hence why I only threw away about 3g. Not sure how you're measuring retention but I thought you were only using it single dosing which should bring retention down to practically nothing.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi dolcefarniente,

Thanks! I'm surprised it's taking this long to sell honestly. The shot count currently reads 1096. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Supersoup,

This looks like a cracking deal! Can I ask what the shot count is?

Cheers

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo