joey24dirt

VB Kaffee beans

1 minute ago, Cooffe said:

Anyone speak German...?

not that obvious, though... :angel: ...that image won't help

As I've just had pointed out to me. The label clue was not as obvious as first thought.....

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Machine - Currently a Londinium R. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Puqpress and Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

I'm bollocksed - horrible at riddles so I am going to say it was grown on Aconcagua.

• Like 1

Sigri going down an absolute treat today. Much needed

c3abd945add8956342d6f0cb1b2905d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Funnily enough exactly what is in our cups this morning :) Yum!

sad news: 1 bag down :(. Good News: one bag left :)

John and Sarah (thanks @Hasi and @joey24dirt )

p.s what was the Origin of the Monkey Puzzle?

• Like 2

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

My guess was columbian

• Like 2

Machine - Currently a Londinium R. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Puqpress and Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

I have about 200g left of the Fortuna... After that I'm done - I'll be lost. 

I'm going to have to retire to looking longingly out the window waiting for the next shipment from @Hasi :( 

1 hour ago, joey24dirt said:

Sigri going down an absolute treat today. Much needed

c3abd945add8956342d6f0cb1b2905d1.jpg

I finished mine about 10 days after I got it 🤯

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Planter said:

My guess was columbian

The Monkey Puzzle tree is also called a Chilean Pine ? 🥶 . Apparently they are growing coffee on Easter Island .. But the tree also grows in Argentina 🤷‍♂️.. But I also remember one walking to school in Putney 😂

I finished mine about 10 days after I got it

I still have some in the freezer

• Like 1

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

2 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

I still have some in the freezer emoji23.png

Don’t you like it ? 🥴 or are you making it last tease us 😂

• Like 1

Don’t you like it ? or are you making it last tease us

Haha I love it. I just have a huge stock of beans that I’m working through that all

• Like 1

@SkateReclaimCreate

Haha I love it. I just have a huge stock of beans that I’m working through that all

This is what happens when you sell one of your la pavs instead of doing the decent thing & taking it into work.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

13 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

Haha I love it. I just have a huge stock of beans that I’m working through that all emoji23.png

Any notable favourites recently? (bar the VB beans of course...)

• Like 1

Any notable favourites recently? (bar the VB beans of course...)

The Ethiopia I got from cat&cloud was amazing (via dog&hat)

I’m all over anything Ethiopia atm

• Like 2

@SkateReclaimCreate

1 minute ago, joey24dirt said:

The Ethiopia I got from cat&cloud was amazing (via dog&hat)

I’m all over anything Ethiopia atm

Damn, now the nights are drawing in I find myself wanting something with a bit more of a bold flavour to cut through milk - I assume the Ethiopian is quite fruity?

My guess was columbian

Correct! Do we have a winner?

This is washed Caturra and Castillo, the latter being a dedicated Colombian variety/breeding and predecessor of Catimor.

Beans are called "Gran Galope" and stem from various smallholder farms of Pitalito, department of Huila. They are collected from top lots that just didn't reach speciality scores. While this may sound less favourable, we find them to be good stuff with a lot of potential! Hoping that I could unlock most of it so you lot were able to enjoy proper shots

As a side note, we strongly believe in social moves when it comes to sourcing. This project helps farming families to sell their produce still at a profit. Otherwise they would've had to accept commodity price - even though they've invested extra time and money to harvest speciality grade beans.

Looking forward to the next round now

f91e355ebffe68f410dc2117c9bb04b1.jpg
  • Like 4

8eec98318cb6355aa3a4d3ad1245be2a.jpg

To all who've kept their labels, here's the white-on-white stamped title on backside of rear portion

Correct! Do we have a winner?

This is washed Caturra and Castillo, the latter being a dedicated Colombian variety/breeding and predecessor of Catimor.

Beans are called "Gran Galope" and stem from various smallholder farms of Pitalito, department of Huila. They are collected from top lots that just didn't reach speciality scores. While this may sound less favourable, we find them to be good stuff with a lot of potential! Hoping that I could unlock most of it so you lot were able to enjoy proper shots

As a side note, we strongly believe in social moves when it comes to sourcing. This project helps farming families to sell their produce still at a profit. Otherwise they would've had to accept commodity price - even though they've invested extra time and money to harvest speciality grade beans.

Looking forward to the next round now

f91e355ebffe68f410dc2117c9bb04b1.jpg
God, I must be good

• Haha 1

Way off with Chilean Pine  😂 Putney was closer ....

• Haha 1