joey24dirt

VB Kaffee beans

So another batch of Hasi beans have hit UK shores.

This is more of a note for myself.

Niche grinder setting 15. 16g > 34g in 28seconds. Too fast for my usual so I will adjust for the next shot.

interesting, might need to do a homing/calibration run on mine, as I said it's set to 22 for 17/35 in 34s on the Minima...

looking forward to your findings!

• Like 2

interesting, might need to do a homing/calibration run on mine, as I said it's set to 22 for 17/35 in 34s on the Minima...

looking forward to your findings!

I had a gusher at setting 22

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Posted (edited)
I had a gusher at setting 22
don't quote me said he

PS:

I also did this

Edited by Hasi
  • Like 2

f1ee7944491e90825a266740eef2cec2.jpg

Yummy yum yum

• Like 3

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

f1ee7944491e90825a266740eef2cec2.jpg

Yummy yum yum

oh nice mate

let VB rock

• Like 2

oh nice mate

let VB rock

I bet you’re loving seeing them out and about I’m the same with the skateboard stuff. The best bit is definitely seeing others enjoy them

• Like 3

@SkateReclaimCreate

I bet you’re loving seeing them out and about I’m the same with the skateboard stuff. The best bit is definitely seeing others enjoy them
Ha! Sure thing, it's what keeps us running right?

Their silence is enough praise... quite a common scene between big corporation and employee. And then you discover something that makes others happy. On a small scale. And they let you know how they like what you do. Kind of addictive to be honest. I see it as an escape from mostly abstract computer work, because there's so much beauty in communicating with people about things you love and have in common. There's hardly anything more rewarding than positive vibes and acclaim

• Like 2

We didn’t get stuck in after all. Had 32g of some HasBeans left to finish up!!! Saturday is a more relaxing day anyway and something for us to look forward to

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

We didn’t get stuck in after all. Had 32g of some HasBeans left to finish up!!! Saturday is a more relaxing day anyway and something for us to look forward to
it's Saturday now... waiting...
  • Like 2

Just run some Sigri through the syphon. Am really useless at describing tasting notes (especially when it's still too hot!) But it's going down really tasty & smooth.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Personalised message was such a nice touch! First go on them, lovely rich and luscious chocolatey flavours at this setting. Thanks Hasi!

d87262474c4f4dcf9080ab399b1b4ed4.jpg

• Like 1

LR - EK43S; Ceado E37S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

I christened the new L-R with your beans earlier this afternoon - absolutely gorgeous, thank you! Had it as an espresso, added hot water to fill the (espresso) cup. Sweet, luscious, and just lovely!

15g/42s/33g

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Ha!

You guys are awesome!

• Like 2

I haven’t had chance to try mine yet, I think I’ll be making a few shots tomorrow though, I’ll keep you posted.

@Hasi got mine going, dialled in by third cup ... very yummy . Absolutely lovely darling ..

So far I've made another syphon today as still have other beans in my 'spro grinder. Dropped the dose a bit from my standard 15g/25cl water which has improved it even more!

So far I've made another syphon today as still have other beans in my 'spro grinder. Dropped the dose a bit from my standard 15g/25cl water which has improved it even more!
may not be as good for the business but who cares
  • Like 1

may not be as good for the business but who cares
Can't argue it's value for money though. I can only assume your Sigri is really easy to extract so less is more. Will know better once I get to 'spro it in a day or so.

Can't argue it's value for money though. I can only assume your Sigri is really easy to extract so less is more. Will know better once I get to 'spro it in a day or so.
PNG coffee has a lot to offer, perfect climate and lazy people

actually, I'm being serious: they stress about work even less than Caribbean folk. No offence meant because in coffee terms it also means they allow more time and less manipulation.

Plantation Sigri is a very well run farm, worked by knowledgeable people who really strive to bring out the best of their trees. The good thing with properly harvested and processed greens is that you as a roaster can build on the initial quality way better. Ok that was rather obvious now... anyhow, I've played with these for at least 10kg until I dared to present my result to anyone.

PNG is still a bit of a sleeper. I don't quite know whether I'd like to have it stay that way or not

• Like 1

Wow

Just pulled first couple of (slow) shots; 10sec pi 48 secs total, 15grms into 33grms.

Fantastic coffee, nice thick mouth feel really great wake up, first coffee of the day.

Wow

Just pulled first couple of (slow) shots; 10sec pi 48 secs total, 15grms into 33grms.

Fantastic coffee, nice thick mouth feel really great wake up, first coffee of the day.

Which coffee? :-)

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

^ think it was La Berlina

• Like 2

keep calm and grind flat

Which coffee? :-)
it's the medium roast, yours would be the lighter variant

still especially anxious about your comment though...

• Like 2

I’ve really been enjoying the Sigri, I’ve pulled some of my most consistent shots with it, I always use a naked PF and was surprised that from the first shot I wasn’t getting spritz everywhere like I normally do. 16 in, 32-35 out, it’s been a pleasure to make and drink.