coffeechap

Forum lever day (who’s up for it )

Cracker of a day - thanks to those who convinced me to go in the end. Lots of faces and names to remember, lots of memorable kit, and good coffee to boot.

Great to meet you mate. Huge thanks for the power bank too

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

Stupidly I didn’t set off for him until late.

Huge thanks to the organisers for putting on a cracking day and for putting me up for the night. Great to meet you all.

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

Did we have a forum day today?

D423767E-62EC-494F-89BC-49218F5C3E93.jpg

AKA Toffee chips

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40155[/ATTACH]

Tidy!

Quick Mill Verona      |      Niche Zero      |      AeroPress      |      Porlex Mini

Always a good day if you get a badge , thanks Mildred

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40155[/ATTACH]

All cleared away and tidy. :good:Looks like everyone had a fantastic time.

Yeah great day, thanks to all who organised! Great to put some faces to profiles too :)

I've gone from never trying a lever machine to trying several in one day, so thanks to everyone for introducing me to it all!

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

Hi, It was great to meet such knowledgeable coffee aficionados. Special thanks to Dave for the invite. Thank you Patrick, Glenn, Jim, Rob, the kind Rave coffee staff... You guys make such superlative coffee that I have come back realising that my espressos are still below par, or average at best.

I was gravitating towards levers... but after today, I am in love with lever machines. Thanks again.

Image-4.jpg

Londinium with ZM is a divine combination!

Image-6.jpg

:coffee:

Great to meet you mate. Huge thanks for the power bank too

Anytime mate. I ended up not needing it in the end, so I'll pretend I brought it especially for you. :cool:

Quick Mill Verona      |      Niche Zero      |      AeroPress      |      Porlex Mini

Good to see a lot of the usual suspects and to meet a number of new faces today too

Thoroughly enjoyable day so many thanks to those of you that put all the effort into this.

Thanks again for the lift just got in @grumpydaddy

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Congratulations @RobW . . . You will love the L-R, and I know how much you wanted one

It was amazingly generous of Londinium to donate a machine - 3 cheers for Reiss

Thanks, I am very lucky! It was very generous of Reiss to give it away and I cannot believe I was the winner. I am so excited to start enjoying this machine.

A great event and nice nice to meet so many coffee geeks

Londinium R and Kafatek MC3

Thanks, I am very lucky! It was very generous of Reiss to give it away and I cannot believe I was the winner. I am so excited to start enjoying this machine.

A great event and nice nice to meet so many coffee geeks

Your defo not on my christmas card list FOR SURE haha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Ha!

Thank you everybody - what a day

Fantastic day, as usual. Great to see some familiar faces and new ones.

Huge thanks to coffeechap and all those involved in setting up beforehand and clearing up afterwards, Rave for giving us free run of their premises, MildredM for the badges, Reiss for the LR, and all those who generously brought along their machines for us to play on.

And congratulations to RobW!

A great day and congrats to @RobW on joining the lever club and to everyone involved in organising, setting up (and tidying up afterwards). A great effort

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Cafelat Robot  Grinders : Compak R120, Compak E10, Mythos One Clima Pro, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47, OE Apex

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

Just got home - it was a great day and glad to have met so many members, 7h total drive but defo worth it, soo many people so little time - this should become a regular event, big thanks to Coffeechap and co for making it happen

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

Thanks to Dave, Callum, Richard, Joey, Matt and anyone else who set up yesterday (plus anyone have missed) plus Rave for providing the premises, Chris from Conti for bringing the 2 group / PKF (and knowledge) and @lespresso (Reiss) for providing the LR. Thanks all who attended, the conversations and humour, new faces and old especially those who travelled so far to get there. Thanks to @MildredM for the badge(s), already up in "Kitchen corner" (much to Sarah's amused eyebrow raise on a tongue in cheek land grab :) )

These events just go to confirm the positive nature of this forum and the time given freely by those arranging them; roll on the next one!

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 105Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Been a looong day and not long got back home.

Well worth the journey though to meet everyone and get caffeinated on some superb machines.

The other Reiss (..he spells it funny :rolleyes: ) must be applauded for being too generous. Everyone was a winner and got to take home a lovely espresso cup & saucer. One lucky sod, Rob (who I helped to the wrong car.. :whistle: ) will be using theirs on a great machine.

I think my. Versalab has been used more today than I’ve used it since Christmas, my fault for having too many grinders. Talking of which, it was nice to meet the guys from Niche and have a natter.

Big shout out to those who did, those who helped, those who supplied.. Couldn’t have happened otherwise :D and for those who came.

Anyway, time for bed as I’m up at 4.15am (Again!!!) in the morning to go to work.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Grand day, many thanks to all... I hadn't enough coffee though so when I got back to my brother's house I continued to learn to play the microcimbali which will keep me awake for the forthcoming period. Extra thanks @jimbojohn55, beautiful work sir.

Just got home - it was a great day and glad to have met so many members, 7h total drive but defo worth it, soo many people so little time - this should become a regular event, big thanks to Coffeechap and co for making it happen
Dave asks if those 7h were one way...

Ok it’s official, having sat with Hasi ( who very kindly decided to blend the natural and washed coffee I had) expliaining and discussing the finer points of the versalab and hg grinders, I am officially off coffee.

Fantastic day, hope everyone enjoyed what went into that day. To all the usual suspects, you know who you are, thank you so much for help setting up, your time and your patience. I like to say roll on the next one, but I need 24 hrs to recoup

AKA Toffee chips

Dave asks if those 7h were one way...

3 1/2 each way, although the roadworks on the M5 and M6 made it feel like I had driven from Austria :good:

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers