Coffee Forums banner

Forum lever day (who’s up for it )

45K views 622 replies 86 participants last post by  hotmetal 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Planning a forum day based on old lever machines, so have been busy, with some help from some forum friends, collecting old small levers for the day. The event will take place on Sunday 28th April and will be at one of the forum favourite roasters rave coffee in Cirencester. Start time 10am ends around 4pm.

So far I have 4 different Pavoni models, a Bruni Brunella, caravel, Kim pedretti, Faema Faemina, Gaggia mini, Conti comocafe, fear la peppina and a lovely Gaggia commercial. Most of these machines are from the 60s so a great chance to have a go on some rare equipment.

I addition we will have both the L1 and LR there and will hopefully be demonstrating the fitting of the new pressure transducer.

More interesting though will be the inclusion of the the conti project 60 lever machine, Chris at Conti is very kindly lending us the amazing machine for anyone to have a go on

Cylinder Gas Vehicle Machine Auto part

Boat Watercraft Naval architecture Vehicle Musical instrument

Wood Machine Gas Science Cylinder

My latest grinder the ZM will be there and hopefully the full electronic model as well (still working on that) and plenty of other grinders.

Some of the usual suspects will be there including Callum and Patrick to impart there knowledge on whomever is prepared to listen

Numbers will be limited to 50 and there will be a non refundable £20 cost to attend, however do not worry as there will be some amazing coffee and some fab prizes for the day

So for those that wish to come get your name down as per raffle (so cut and paste and add your name)

If you want to have a great fun yet informative day, get your name down.

Originally Posted by coffeechap View Post

Ok folks there has been an amazing development for the forum day!

Having spoken to Reiss at Londinium he very kindly offered to provide a pressure transducer to be fitted to an existing Londinium R model, however we have had an amazing development. Reiss is providing a brand new Londinium R with pressure transducer for the event, so that anyone attending can have the chance to have a go on it and compare it to the other iterations that will also be there, so an excellent opportunity for current Londinium owners to have a go and compare directly the differences in the machines.

. As if this was not good enough, this machine will be given away on the day, let me repeat this as I was pretty gobsmacked A Londinium R will be given away at the forum event

In order for you to be in with a chance of being the lucky person who gets to take that machine home at the end of the event, you have to actually be at the event, so every paying participant at the event will been included in the draw for the Londinium.

So now is the time to get your names onto the list, the n7mbers might be extended beyond 50 as a result of this addition. For transparency I will not have the opportunity to enter the draw as I will be drawing the lucky winner at the end of the event.

So get your names down quick folks

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I have two young kids that need a referee most of the day [emoji23] no way I'd get a pass for it. I think dfk should do one, much more achievable for us northern folk [emoji1696]

#12 ·
This sounds great fun (and potentially expensive for future me[emoji51])!

My better half is running a half marathon that day, but in the morning. Do you know what the timings will be yet, even rough timings will help?

I'm in Bristol and have been meaning to go over to Rave for a while now[emoji16]

#15 ·
jonnycooper29 said:
This sounds great fun (and potentially expensive for future me[emoji51])!

My better half is running a half marathon that day, but in the morning. Do you know what the timings will be yet, even rough timings will help?

I'm in Bristol and have been meaning to go over to Rave for a while now[emoji16]
. 10 am start, finish around 1600

#18 ·

1. grumpydaddy

2. Heligan

3. Hasi

4. johnealey

#22 ·
joey24dirt said:
Bloody show off [emoji23]
I think you've been 'Austriacised' Joey!

Flipping tempted to come myself but the last thing I need at the mo is any kind of temptation.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

#25 ·
Hasi said:
(maybe add "and get to meet the Austrian dude" to the prizes list...)

(or not, it could scare off people)
You could actually make the 5 hour journey north and pick up your handles.

Anyway apologies for derailing Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.