coffeechap

Forum lever day (who’s up for it )

Planning a forum day based on old lever machines, so have been busy, with some help from some forum friends, collecting old small levers for the day. The event will take place on Sunday 28th April and will be at one of the forum favourite roasters rave coffee in Cirencester. Start time 10am ends around 4pm.

So far I have 4 different Pavoni models, a Bruni Brunella, caravel, Kim pedretti, Faema Faemina, Gaggia mini, Conti comocafe, fear la peppina and a lovely Gaggia commercial. Most of these machines are from the 60s so a great chance to have a go on some rare equipment.

I addition we will have both the L1 and LR there and will hopefully be demonstrating the fitting of the new pressure transducer.

More interesting though will be the inclusion of the the conti project 60 lever machine, Chris at Conti is very kindly lending us the amazing machine for anyone to have a go on

EB24CDFF-7157-4F79-9710-50544364BA82.jpeg

F3467422-B9C7-4BD2-8FBB-CA08AC6A892F.jpeg

F1DBEB11-BC62-496C-A416-366723328F8E.jpg

My latest grinder the ZM will be there and hopefully the full electronic model as well (still working on that) and plenty of other grinders.

Some of the usual suspects will be there including Callum and Patrick to impart there knowledge on whomever is prepared to listen

Numbers will be limited to 50 and there will be a non refundable £20 cost to attend, however do not worry as there will be some amazing coffee and some fab prizes for the day

So for those that wish to come get your name down as per raffle (so cut and paste and add your name)

If you want to have a great fun yet informative day, get your name down.

Originally Posted by coffeechap View Post

Ok folks there has been an amazing development for the forum day!

Having spoken to Reiss at Londinium he very kindly offered to provide a pressure transducer to be fitted to an existing Londinium R model, however we have had an amazing development. Reiss is providing a brand new Londinium R with pressure transducer for the event, so that anyone attending can have the chance to have a go on it and compare it to the other iterations that will also be there, so an excellent opportunity for current Londinium owners to have a go and compare directly the differences in the machines.

. As if this was not good enough, this machine will be given away on the day, let me repeat this as I was pretty gobsmacked A Londinium R will be given away at the forum event

In order for you to be in with a chance of being the lucky person who gets to take that machine home at the end of the event, you have to actually be at the event, so every paying participant at the event will been included in the draw for the Londinium.

So now is the time to get your names onto the list, the n7mbers might be extended beyond 50 as a result of this addition. For transparency I will not have the opportunity to enter the draw as I will be drawing the lucky winner at the end of the event.

So get your names down quick folks

Edited by coffeechap

AKA Toffee chips

So that's either Sunday 21st or Sunday 28th? I could make 28th but Sunday 21st is Easter Sunday, probably have family plans that weekend....

Wow that conti is amazing looking kit

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

Would take me about 5 hours with traffic

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Sunday 28th it is

AKA Toffee chips

Get your priorities right!

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Get your priorities right!

Exactly, he wants to be part of this family but he doesn’t want to put the effort in

AKA Toffee chips

I have two young kids that need a referee most of the day no way I’d get a pass for it. I think dfk should do one, much more achievable for us northern folk

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

oohhh that conti

keep calm and grind flat

140 miles and 3hrs drive each way, but im very very tempted

keep calm and grind flat

I am making a bunch of assumptions planning that far ahead but....

1. grumpydaddy

This sounds great fun (and potentially expensive for future me)!

My better half is running a half marathon that day, but in the morning. Do you know what the timings will be yet, even rough timings will help?

I’m in Bristol and have been meaning to go over to Rave for a while now

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

I know some great places to stay

AKA Toffee chips

This sounds great fun (and potentially expensive for future me)!

My better half is running a half marathon that day, but in the morning. Do you know what the timings will be yet, even rough timings will help?

I’m in Bristol and have been meaning to go over to Rave for a while now

. 10 am start, finish around 1600

AKA Toffee chips

What exactly are you whining about?

1. grumpydaddy

2. Heligan

3. Hasi

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

1. grumpydaddy

2. Heligan

3. Hasi

Planning to bring your vintage la pav over to join the party?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

1. grumpydaddy

2. Heligan

3. Hasi

4. johnealey

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

1. grumpydaddy

2. Heligan

3. Hasi

Bloody show off

@SkateReclaimCreate

Planninf to bring your vintage la pav over to join rhe party?
Haha, sure

Dave sends to Jim.

Jim restores.

Jim sends back to Dave.

Dave sends to me.

I bring to forum day.

I mean, why not?!

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Bloody show off
Yes, I have three little kids. Need some less excuses?

says Hasi.

Bloody show off
I think you've been 'Austriacised' Joey!

Flipping tempted to come myself but the last thing I need at the mo is any kind of temptation.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

(maybe add "and get to meet the Austrian dude" to the prizes list...)

(or not, it could scare off people)

says Hasi.

Yes, I have three little kids. Need some less excuses?

Erm erm ...

@SkateReclaimCreate

(maybe add "and get to meet the Austrian dude" to the prizes list...)

(or not, it could scare off people)

You could actually make the 5 hour journey north and pick up your handles.

Anyway apologies for derailing Dave

@SkateReclaimCreate