dfk41

Now Sold..Pedretti Kim £250

Okie dokie, as part of the deal I had to cut with my wife, to get rid all all my gear to let me bring the K10 fresh into the kitchen, first up is this little baby. You can read all about it here

http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/pedretti_eng.htm

This one has a serial number of 3600 which makes it a fairly early second version, dated after 1966. It seems to be in good shape and certainly works. I have descaled it. there are some marks inside the boiler which are not scale, but may come off with further applications of agent. it has a 1000 watt element so heats up quickly. It does not have a thermostat so you have to learn how to pull a shot. I think most people will be interested in these for the espresso making capabilities. therefore, take the boiler cap off and stick a thermometer in so as you can judge when to pull the shot. the other two open boiler ,machines I have that do not have steam, this is the normal way of doing it.

The Kim is a little unique in as much as it has a 58mm Portafilter and also a steam arm and is a sprung lever into the bargain. Theoretically, it ought to produce a really good shot. I have not checked the seals or tried to dismantle it. I have wiped it over with a wet rag and the chrome comes up well.

The machine has been painted at some point with Hammerite. I would not class this machine as a project as it is complete and works but the purist might want to paint in, which for anyone handy enough ought to be pretty easy to do.

What you see is what you get. Complete, working and away you go. I am happy to pack for transporting at your own cost and arrangement. If anyone is local and wants to view, you are more than welcome.

IMG_0347-min.jpg

IMG_0348-min.jpg

Edited by dfk41

I am surprised no one is interested! This is far far superior to a La Pav in my opinion. The 58mm basket offers you so much more. I am willing to accept offers and if there is still no interest, eBay beckons

I'm potentially interested but trying to suppress it. Do you have any idea what the availability of group seals and the like is? I've had a google, but not come across a definitive answer.

@dfk1 I would like to offer £250 posted

@dfk1 I would like to offer £250 posted

Accepted! Will pm you now

@dfk41 thanks .... :)

@dfk41 My new little lady ( in an Eastern European shot putter sort of way) arrived save and sound today . Very well packed thank you . Done a little research while waiting and hoping that this is the one where the piston and spring comes out after undoing the top four screws. Will play with it in coffee making ways for a while before. It is all in rather good condition , very pleased . Thanks again .

Great stuff!

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)