onluxtex

optical improvements, GS3

How thick is the glass if you dont mind me asking. Also did you use a rubber washer between the glass and cap?

Thanks, it looks great

The glass is 10mm thick. Just ordinary floatglass, The edges are polished. From both sides I fixed a rubber washer.

since I have installed the glass panels I buy the cheapest beans, because now they taste like the expensive once.

Love the glass, looks amazing!

Machine - Currently a Londinium R. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Puqpress and Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

I love that. It's amazingly neat inside.

"Coffee: The Good, The Bad, and The Ayurvedic Perspective"

Behave yourself.

I just received some parts from Espresso Solution UK. They are more cooperative than the LM distributors in Germany.

I will send the parts for powder coating. Black semi gloss finish. The cover for the drip tray I get later from a work shop, self made. LM is no more selling it separately as cover. Only including the drip tray for a crazy price.

P1040704.jpg

P1040705.jpg

Ive just purchased from them as well, have been very helpful so far, still awaiting some bits that were out of stock, but so far they have proved to be a very good retailer, as well as very informative.

Machine - Currently a Londinium R. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Puqpress and Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.

Lady in black.... I bought a second set of front covers und send it for powder-coating.

P1040738.jpg

Thats interesting - do you know what your powder coaters do? I always thought you couldn't powder coat stainless easily. I guess they must blast and etch or something...?

they just cleaned it. No blasting.

It was not even costly, just €30 for all the three parts.

Ah, thanks! Yeah, my local guy is that cheap too - most of his jobs a far higher volume than the bits i throw at him so we have an arrangement where Im happy to wait and piggy back onto other jobs and he only charges me £20! I'll have to look for a rubbish scrap machine to rip the panels off of and see how well it works. That could open up all sorts of interesting prospects!