lookseehear

Izzo Alex Duetto mk IV & Mazzer Royal 83mm plus extras

Giving this a quick bump before I put it on eBay/gumtree/Facebook marketplace

Roy & Alex & The Maestro & Herman ze Hausgrind

Might be interested, can you clarify which extra items you’d include at which total price assuming I’m only interested in the duetto? Not sure which of them you’d prefer to try to accompany the grinder in a sale.

ECM Barista, Eureka Mignon Specialita' (UK)

La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II, Compak K3 Touch Advanced (US)

Hi @lookseehear I'm interested in the Duetto, if you can come down on the price a little.

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

Might be interested, can you clarify which extra items you’d include at which total price assuming I’m only interested in the duetto? Not sure which of them you’d prefer to try to accompany the grinder in a sale.

Happy to include all the extras with a sale of just the machine, think a grinder makes sense on its own.

So I'd include:

Two portafilters, one with double spout and one bottomless. Bottomless one with custom American black walnut handle

Two double baskets and a blank backflush basket

Several cups and glasses for espresso and for cappuccino, most with saucers

Pallo group cleaning brush

Grindenstein knockbox

Drain kit

Two tampers (both from knock)

Two hole original steam tip (I replaced it with a four hole which I prefer)

Molykote 111 silicone lube for steam/hot water arms and e61 lever

I still need to have a look in the roof of the garage for the plumb kit but I think I do still have it and would obviously include in the sale

Three milk jugs (a medium and large Motta and a small 'generic' one which is the one I used all the time)

Make me an offer, I will move a bit but won't accept any 'silly' offers

Hi @lookseehear I'm interested in the Duetto, if you can come down on the price a little.

Similarly I'm happy to entertain a sensible offer. I'm not sure whether your pm or izzimg's response on here came first.

Similarly I'm happy to entertain a sensible offer. I'm not sure whether your pm or izzimg's response on here came first.

Hi @lookseehear, I don't know if this is a silly offer, I'm new to all this, but would you take £850 ?

Lelit Bianca/Mazzer Major/Several odd cups, one milk jug and a yen to do good latte art/ Four horses/four cats/3 dogs/7 chickens. :o

Thanks for clarifying @lookseehear , I believe I was first in expressing interest on the forum, and I would be willing to offer £925 for all that you’ve listed.

Sorry, I didn't see all the extra items listed to accompany the machine. I could offer £950.

I can offer £975 and am able to pick up.

Thanks both for your interest. I'm hesitant to go under £1k for this, which is quite a bit under what I was initially hoping for. I will therefore reduce the asking price to £1,000 for the machine + extras (but not the grinder), so the first person to respond on this thread accepting that offer will take it. I hope this doesn't break any forum rules and I'm sure if it does someone will let me know!

Thanks for the deliberation, but I’ll have to pull my offers/interest. £1k is quite close to a new DB machine, so I’ll await something similar at a lower asking price. If you list on eBay, will you list as an auction or buy-it-now?

Thanks for the deliberation, but I’ll have to pull my offers/interest. £1k is quite close to a new DB machine, so I’ll await something similar at a lower asking price. If you list on eBay, will you list as an auction or buy-it-now?

Your last offer was literally £25 less. Are you actually interested in this quality machine that has been well looked after and perfectly maintained?

Your last offer was literally £25 less. Are you actually interested in this quality machine that has been well looked after and perfectly maintained?

I am interested but I started doing some more research on new machines and how much it would take to get to Chippenham by car (I don't own one) and the total cost ends up being just too close. For example, the recent Expobar DB that was re-upped looks more like what I'm after from a budget perspective.

Sorry for the uncertainty!

Hi Izzimg. Totally understand if you don't want to follow through with this. If your location listed on your profile is right and you're in Hackney, I'm planning to drive to London in the next few weeks on a weekend and would be able to meet you somewhere if that makes a difference.

I can't say I know a huge amount about the Expobar, but I will say it has been nice having a rotary pump vs the vibratory pump on the Expobar and obviously I have quite a few extras vs what you would get if you just bought the new machine. Let me know if you have a change of heart.

Hi @lookseehear, Ok, first of all, could you courier this? It has to go to Petersfield, Hampshire, or does it have to be collected?

Edited by Obidi

Hi @lookseehear, Ok, first of all, could you courier this? It has to go to Petersfield, Hampshire, or does it have to be collected?

Hi Obidi, I could courier but it would be really expensive and a bit of a risk. Given you aren't a million miles from me I'd rather we try and arrange to meet somewhere. Do you have a car?

Hi @lookseehear I'm actually in France, the address in Petersfield is my friends mums house and he goes back and forth from here to there. If you could deliver it, I'd pay travel costs and he could bring it back here for me, but I realise that's a big ask.. He's pretty busy when hes in the UK and I'm not sure he could meet you unfortunately.

Hi Obidi, I could courier but it would be really expensive and a bit of a risk. Given you aren't a million miles from me I'd rather we try and arrange to meet somewhere. Do you have a car?

Hi @lookseehear I'm actually in France, the address in Petersfield is my friends mums house and he goes back and forth from here to there. If you could deliver it, I'd pay travel costs and he could bring it back here for me, but I realise that's a big ask.. He's pretty busy when hes in the UK and I'm not sure he could meet you unfortunately.

If we can agree something to cover time and fuel then I should be able to drop it off. Just to be clear, are you offering £1k + something towards delivery? If so we can mark it as sold and get on to arranging the details.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I really want this machine, but having thought about it, I really can't justify spending £1k plus, stretching my budget to breaking point. I wish you good luck with the sale and thank you for your time and patience.

Is the machine sold?

@lookseehear

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Hi, not sold, still sat on my breakfast bar. Been meaning to put it on gumtree/Facebook/eBay but it's a bit of faff and I'd rather it goes to someone who knows how to use it.

Hi, not sold, still sat on my breakfast bar. Been meaning to put it on gumtree/Facebook/eBay but it's a bit of faff and I'd rather it goes to someone who knows how to use it.
Do you know ìf a super jolly grind tray will fit the Royal at all? I'm really interested in buying the lot if you can find the plumbing kit for it?

Hi, happy to accept and move to PM to arrange details.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)